Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Cable rod compatibility

ARWadsworth wrote:

I have the cable "quick tool box set" (Screwfix 89981)

http://www.super-rod.co.uk/ProductShow.asp?ID=8

Thread size is M4.

OK, I have the longer Super Rod set - and would agree with the M4 bit.

The other Screwfix product (82483) looks like the Super Rod "Cable Quick
Kit" which would appear to also have an M4 thread.

===

Apparently the cable quick sets are not compatible with their pro range
(which appears to be called "Cable Rod")

===

The So-called Hellermann Tyton stuff from CPC is from the Super Rod "Cable
Rod" range.

===

The TLC-direct stuff is also from Super Rod...

OK

The Super Rod set in my van measures 6mm for the diameter of the outside
thread and 8 threads per 10mm. This was measured by eye and using a tape
measure. Normally I would use my brothers mechanics skills to find an exact
size.

None of my metric taps fit the thread of the Hellerman torch accessory I
bought (still waiting for the magnet and chain set) the one marked 6 x
0.7 tap binds in the thread almost immediately, and the 6 x 1.0 tap
screws in a couple of turns before stopping. So I am guessing they are a
non metric thread.

I have no idea how to convert that into a thread size.

I have some M6 roofing bolts in the van. These do the first couple of turns
onto the Super Rod before becoming tight.

I would guess my 6 x 1.0 tap is the same as your bolt...

It does sound like your super rod set may be the same as the HT ones.

Inside the Super Rod packaging there is a customer care tel no. 01459 792000

I might give em a bell tomorrow.

--
Cheers,

John.