Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Cable rod compatibility

"John" wrote in message
In article , John
Rumm writes
ARWadsworth wrote:

None of my metric taps fit the thread of the Hellerman torch

accessory I
bought (still waiting for the magnet and chain set) the one marked

6 x
0.7 tap binds in the thread almost immediately, and the 6 x 1.0 tap
screws in a couple of turns before stopping. So I am guessing they

are a
non metric thread.

I have no idea how to convert that into a thread size.

I have some M6 roofing bolts in the van. These do the first

couple of turns
onto the Super Rod before becoming tight.

I would guess my 6 x 1.0 tap is the same as your bolt...

It does sound like your super rod set may be the same as the HT

ones.

Inside the Super Rod packaging there is a customer care tel no.

01459 792000

I might give em a bell tomorrow.

Isn't M6 similar to 2BA?

--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail

Probably 1/4" whitworth; - if it is a BA thread it would be 0BA not
2BA

AWEM