Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexible soil pipe

I'm running 100 mm soil pipe as data cable conduit between several
outbuildings, and at one point need to go under floor level between
two walls at right angles but differing heights - access is very
difficult but I should be able to core drill the walls.

I seem to remember there is a flexible / corrugated version of 100 mm
soil pipe rather like land drain but without the slots, but google
fails to reveal a source - I probably only need a metre or two. Any
clues as I could hopefully pull this between the holes??? (The short
versions for 'back of loo' are far too short)

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message
I'm running 100 mm soil pipe as data cable conduit between several
outbuildings, and at one point need to go under floor level between
two walls at right angles but differing heights - access is very
difficult but I should be able to core drill the walls.

I seem to remember there is a flexible / corrugated version of 100 mm
soil pipe rather like land drain but without the slots, but google
fails to reveal a source - I probably only need a metre or two. Any
clues as I could hopefully pull this between the holes??? (The short
versions for 'back of loo' are far too short)

AWEM

Try a search on: convoluted ducting

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson coughed up some electrons that declared:

I'm running 100 mm soil pipe as data cable conduit between several
outbuildings, and at one point need to go under floor level between
two walls at right angles but differing heights - access is very
difficult but I should be able to core drill the walls.

I seem to remember there is a flexible / corrugated version of 100 mm
soil pipe rather like land drain but without the slots, but google
fails to reveal a source - I probably only need a metre or two. Any
clues as I could hopefully pull this between the holes??? (The short
versions for 'back of loo' are far too short)

AWEM

You can buy the real stuff he

http://www.ebuildingsupplies.co.uk/c...categoryID=700

Cheers

Tim

PS - Don't know where you live, but if happened to be Kent/Sussex/Surrey I'd
be happy to go halves on a 50m roll (I'd like 10m in a month or so for
stuffing some MDPE through and another load spare for wires - I don't care
about the colour).

But the have 6m lengths too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
[...]

Andrew

It just might be worth doing a bit of scavenging if you can find someone
who's using it. There were loads of offcuts being thrown into skips in
Brighton a couple of months back when they were doing all sorts of
pipelaying in the Old Steine - maybe your local council's depot?

Norman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Norman Billingham" norman.at.tumulus.org.uk wrote in message

"Tim S" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Norman - yes there's a coil of red stuff that we pass every
week, but each time the wife firmly says NO !!!! - I'm sure they'd not
miss a bit G

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim S" wrote in message
[...]

Tim, East Sussex so not too many miles away. But is that stuff
connectable to brown 100mm drain pipe? I already have an extensive
conduit network arround the site as I bought a bulk batch of it in 6m
lengths, and put it in each time I open a trench for other services,
so that I can pull anything else through in the future.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson coughed up some electrons that declared:

Tim, East Sussex so not too many miles away. But is that stuff
connectable to brown 100mm drain pipe?

That I don't know Andrew. If it's not exactly the same (so that a coupler
would work), I suspect one might plug into the other well enough that a bit
of mastic or silicone would finish it off.

If you do decide to go for it, I could order and you collect the length you
want (Robertsbridge or Pembury) or you order and I'll come to you with cash
and take a length off your hands.

Cheers

Tim