Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Difficult-to-get keys

I bought a padlock from eBay to secure my gates. It is a lock aimed at
securing chains on motorcycles. I bought it because it is the right
shape and size rather than for anything else, but it is a SoldSecure
one.

However, I want to get some additional keys cut, and it came without
any key code information and the vendor has not (yet) responded to my
query. A couple of key-cutting places have said they cannot do it.

The item is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&rd=1&item=260336333887&ssPageName=STRK:ME WN:IT&ih=016#ebayphotohosting.

For those not following the link, the branding is the word REAL above
a circle inscribed with a straight square, itself inscribed with
another square at 45 degrees. It also bears the text RL-8800 PAT S.S
TOP SECURITY.

I have drawn a blank on finding any info on the manufacturer, so it is
proving difficult to find out how I get additional keys. I didn't
manage to get to my usual, helpful locksmith this weekend so I know
not if he can help.

Any thoughts?

Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Peter Riocreux
saying something like:

However, I want to get some additional keys cut, and it came without
any key code information and the vendor has not (yet) responded to my
query. A couple of key-cutting places have said they cannot do it.

The item is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&rd=1&item=260336333887&ssPageName=STRK:M EWN:IT&ih=016#ebayphotohosting.

Never heard of them and you'll be lucky. Probably a Chinese one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Peter Riocreux wrote:
[...]

Have you checked on the SoldSecure website?

http://www.soldsecure.com/Security_prod.htm

If it ain't there, are you *sure* it really is SoldSecure? (Of course,
if could have been listed when you bought it but not now. No idea what
happens when products are delisted.) That has manufacturer contact details.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter Riocreux" wrote in message
[...]

By googling the model number (RL-8800) it appears they are from Taiwan
http://www.reallock.com/products-con...&mid=19&pid=50

You may be able to get additional keys from them.

Are the no numbers on the keys, that would identify their pattern?

Toby...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Riocreux wrote:
I bought a padlock from eBay to secure my gates. It is a lock aimed at
securing chains on motorcycles. I bought it because it is the right
shape and size rather than for anything else, but it is a SoldSecure
one.

At the Uni where I work a day a week, all the window locks have keys marked
SoldSecure. 200+ student flats + landings so there must be 300 windows with
this brand of key, so I'm guessing it must be a known available brand of
lock.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Peter Riocreux wrote:
I bought a padlock from eBay to secure my gates. It is a lock aimed at
securing chains on motorcycles. I bought it because it is the right
shape and size rather than for anything else, but it is a SoldSecure
one.

At the Uni where I work a day a week, all the window locks have keys
marked SoldSecure. 200+ student flats + landings so there must be 300
windows with this brand of key, so I'm guessing it must be a known
available brand of lock.

Sold Secure is just a test this lock has passed, it's not the make!
http://www.soldsecure.com/about_us.htm

Toby...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 12, 1:25*pm, Rod wrote:
Peter Riocreux wrote:
[...]

A good thought. I am enquiring of SoldSecure as I cannot see it, but
on looking at the ad again it claims it was certified in 2002.

Cheers,

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Riocreux wrote:

[...]

Have a look at these guys - http://www.metrolocks.co.uk/key-cutting

Have known them for years and can do most stuff.

--
Buzby
"There's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This lock is 100% genuine sold secure and was certified and approved in 2001.

This chap "pete" has never called us to resolve this slanderous claim that
this lock is not certified.

Peter you need to get the facts straight and respond to the numerous
requests.

I provided the PDF link from sold secure of when it was tested and approved
Gold Standard.

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/1391140772.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Mar, 10:27, wrote:

This chap "pete" has never called us to resolve this slanderous claim that
this lock is not certified.

Peter you need to get the facts straight and respond to the numerous
requests.

Wow, now there's customer service for you. A customer has a genuine
problem with the product, asks perfectly reasonable questions without
disparaging the seller, then you stalk them onto Usenet and accuse
them of slander!

Remind me _never_ to buy anything from "KWFM Motorcycle Parts/
Accessories" on eBay!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes:
This lock is 100% genuine sold secure and was certified and approved in 2001.

This chap "pete" has never called us to resolve this slanderous claim that
this lock is not certified.

I don't see that he ever made any such claim (at least,
not in public).

Peter you need to get the facts straight and respond to the numerous
requests.

That's the sort of eBay seller I hope I never deal with
(and to date, I'm pleased to say I never have).
I wouldn't respond to anything phrased in that tone either.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Eurolocks - when you have no keys ? Colin Wilson UK diy 10 January 13th 09 11:15 AM
Table keys? Jim Dincau Metalworking 2 February 16th 06 07:55 PM
recycling old keys mogga UK diy 17 November 30th 04 09:21 AM
TV that does not respond to some keys. Chaos Master Electronics Repair 6 March 20th 04 04:27 PM
phantom keys Sir Charles W. Shults III Electronics 2 July 22nd 03 03:40 PM