Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Riocreux[_2_] Peter Riocreux[_2_] is offline

Default Difficult-to-get keys

I bought a padlock from eBay to secure my gates. It is a lock aimed at
securing chains on motorcycles. I bought it because it is the right
shape and size rather than for anything else, but it is a SoldSecure
one.

However, I want to get some additional keys cut, and it came without
any key code information and the vendor has not (yet) responded to my
query. A couple of key-cutting places have said they cannot do it.

The item is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&rd=1&item=260336333887&ssPageName=STRK:ME WN:IT&ih=016#ebayphotohosting.

For those not following the link, the branding is the word REAL above
a circle inscribed with a straight square, itself inscribed with
another square at 45 degrees. It also bears the text RL-8800 PAT S.S
TOP SECURITY.

I have drawn a blank on finding any info on the manufacturer, so it is
proving difficult to find out how I get additional keys. I didn't
manage to get to my usual, helpful locksmith this weekend so I know
not if he can help.

Any thoughts?

Pete