Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY English

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:46:01 +0000, Alang
wrote:

tow the line.
principle and principal
there and their
I confess to misusing licence and license. Can never recall which is
which so I adopt the american usage and use either interchangeably

Draught and Draft...

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:27:15 -0000, Unbeliever wrote:

snip

Definition time I believe for those who think they are the bees-knees in all
subjects:

Whose definition?

An online discussion group. Online services and bulletin board services
(BBS's) provide a variety of forums, in which participants with common
interests can exchange open messages. Forums are sometimes called newsgroups
(in the Internet world) or conferences

As supplied by:

http://webopedia.internet.com/TERM/f/forum.html

When entering the search word *FORUM*

Just coz it's been written down somewhere on the net doesn't make it true
(or correct).

--
The Wanderer

The future isn't what it used to be.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alang wrote:

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:19:34 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

I note an exasperating trend on this list,

The exasperating trend that I notice is people referring to news groups
as "lists" or "boards" or "forums". One would think in this day and age
that such ignorant folk would learn the proper terms for the medium that
they are exploiting.

My dictionary gives definition for forum as

It do, do it? How jolly nice. And what does a non-technical dictionary
definition have to do with the naming conventions applied to services
provided over the Internet?

You may want to think before answering this time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:13:44 +0000, TheOldFellow wrote:

I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in general,
to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar. For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your and
you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as follows:

'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean that
something belongs to 'you'.

Do try and get it right folks, as the grating sounds of the
crossed-threads in my brain are getting irritating.

So much hot air and not a single mention of the glottal 'T'. But I guess
that's the spoken word. And I hate people who start sentences with a
preposition or conjuction! :-)

--
The Wanderer

When you hear the toilet flush and your child says 'Uh oh'
It's already too late!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Frank Erskine contains these words:

I confess to misusing licence and license. Can never recall which is
which so I adopt the american usage and use either interchangeably

Draught and Draft...

Practice/practise ...

--
Roger Chapman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in general,
to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar. For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your and
you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as follows:

'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean that
something belongs to 'you'.

Your joking of course !
Dave

You're Jo King and I claim my £5.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , TheOldFellow
writes

I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in general,

"would of" to replace "would have". Infuriating.

To replace *would've* actually.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham wrote:
On 10 Dec, 11:11, Osprey wrote:
On 10 Dec, 07:13, TheOldFellow wrote:

I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in general,
to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar. For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your and
you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as follows:
'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean that
something belongs to 'you'.
Do try and get it right folks, as the grating sounds of the
crossed-threads in my brain are getting irritating.
R.

I'm Welsh so have my excuse over any English inaccuracies.

To be honest ... does it matter, this is a DIY site, and as long as
the text conveys the general gist of the meaning, and all can
understand ... it hardly matters ?

We even have totally different words for things depending on
geographic areas .... (noggins, dwangs etc) ... a stray or
misplaced apostrophe is not that important.

Some people thrive in finding fault in the work of others, please
consider any errors in my posts put there specifically for that
purpose.

I'm not a pedant and I'm certainly not suggesting that this thread
comes out of pedancy,

pedantry ;-)

but one thing I consider applies to all
dedicated DIY'ers is that they are usually people who have an eye for
quality and like to do things so that they look good and last.

Personally if someone writes in with a badly worded/spelt/grammarised
posting, I very quickly start to get annoyed by it and in the end will
usually end up considering it a load of trash. The quality of your
advice comes through in how well you dispense it and that includes
going through your posting and checking the spelling, etc.

Rob (having gone through this and found several errors)

And missed one, I think.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Woodworm wrote:
TheOldFellow wrote:
I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in
general, to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar. For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your
and you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as
follows:

'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean
that something belongs to 'you'.

Do try and get it right folks, as the grating sounds of the
crossed-threads in my brain are getting irritating.

R.

Bloody hell, Mary Whitehouse has been reincarnated as *tje* English language
watchdog of the uk.d-i-y forum!

It's more irritating to me when people post Off Topic on stuff like this -
grammatical or spelling precision is not required here - and if *taht* is
all you have to worry about, then you must be living a life of ease or have
a very pedantic personality.

What is the problem anyway, especially as the 'English" language is a very
fluent one and has changed dramatically over the years (and will continue to
do so) because of *teh* various inputs of dialects from far and wide -
especially the various '*******ised words from the USA (center being one)?

Disclaimer:

All spelling *abd* gramatical mistakes are the fault of my computer
*keybaord* or the *inabillity* of my *spellchequer* to correct these
inaccuracies - please refer all *compliants* to Microsoft.

ROTFL at the crassness of this *forums* or *forums'* or *forum's* (

*Fora*

Tehnically.

I'll
leave you to argue which is correct) word police - there really are more
important things in life!

'I'll have forty razor blades'

'and i'll have forty, too (two?)'

Makes a difference.

Woodworm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:02:13 UTC, "Lynet Smith" wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
TheOldFellow wrote:

I note an exasperating trend on this list,
The exasperating trend that I notice is people referring to news groups
as "lists" or "boards" or "forums". One would think in this day and age
that such ignorant folk would learn the proper terms for the medium that
they are exploiting.

misuse of I and me - goodbye from x and I is so common on radio/TV, BBC and
others. If you would not say goodbye from I then you don't say it from x
and I either!

Misuse of 'myself' instead of 'me'. And I really cringe at 'meet with'.

US standard usage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Wanderer wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:13:44 +0000, TheOldFellow wrote:

I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in general,
to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar. For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your and
you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as follows:

'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean that
something belongs to 'you'.

Do try and get it right folks, as the grating sounds of the
crossed-threads in my brain are getting irritating.

So much hot air and not a single mention of the glottal 'T'. But I guess
that's the spoken word. And I hate people who start sentences with a
preposition or conjuction! :-)

As in 'when we were six?'

is when a preposition or a conjunction. I've forgotten..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:57:59 +0000, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

In article , Alang
writes

But.
cod philosophy
cod latin

why cod?

Always puzzled me.

Wikipedia suggests it's a contraction of codswallop.

Yes. One of the suggestions made but with no proof and no explanation
as to why a slang name for a soft drink should be contracted and used
in this way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:33:37 GMT, Roger
wrote:

The message
from Frank Erskine contains these words:

I confess to misusing licence and license. Can never recall which is
which so I adopt the american usage and use either interchangeably

Draught and Draft...

Practice/practise ...

Yes. That one gets me too
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

I note an exasperating trend on this list,
The exasperating trend that I notice is people referring to news groups
as "lists" or "boards" or "forums". One would think in this day and age
that such ignorant folk would learn the proper terms for the medium that
they are exploiting.

My dictionary gives definition for forum as
1. a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city
that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion. c. A medium of open
discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or
television program.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion
usually among experts and often including audience participation.
3. A court of law; a tribunal.

Seems to be an accurate use of the term.

From today's Daily Telegraph

"The pound is now broadly week against a basket of currencies"

Oh FFS

Journalists.
Lowest form of life in the known universe

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

I note an exasperating trend on this list,

The exasperating trend that I notice is people referring to news groups
as "lists" or "boards" or "forums". One would think in this day and age
that such ignorant folk would learn the proper terms for the medium that
they are exploiting.

My dictionary gives definition for forum as

It do, do it? How jolly nice. And what does a non-technical dictionary
definition have to do with the naming conventions applied to services
provided over the Internet?

You may want to think before answering this time.

Why should the fact the service is provided over the internet mean the
word is not appropriate?

Why should a non technical pursuit need a technical name when there is
already a name that fits the purpose?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

I note an exasperating trend on this list,

The exasperating trend that I notice is people referring to news groups
as "lists" or "boards" or "forums". One would think in this day and age
that such ignorant folk would learn the proper terms for the medium that
they are exploiting.

My dictionary gives definition for forum as

It do, do it? How jolly nice. And what does a non-technical dictionary
definition have to do with the naming conventions applied to services
provided over the Internet?

You may want to think before answering this time.

Why should the fact the service is provided over the internet mean the
word is not appropriate?

Why should a non technical pursuit need a technical name when there is
already a name that fits the purpose?

Why should a poster need a brain?

Why should you ignore the sound advice given?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alang wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 08:54:33 +0000, Rod
wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:
I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in
general, to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar.
For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your
and you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as
follows:

'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean
that something belongs to 'you'.

Do try and get it right folks, as the grating sounds of the
crossed-threads in my brain are getting irritating.

R.

Didn't you miss yaw and yore?

And who can ignore the "upto" neologism? And its close brethren -
inappropriate use of into, onto and so on.

tow the line.
principle and principal
there and their
I confess to misusing licence and license. Can never recall which is
which so I adopt the american usage and use either interchangeably

But.
cod philosophy
cod latin

why cod?

Always puzzled me.
I have asked a number of graduates in english over the years and none
can tell me. One had Phd and was a rabid pedant over the use of
english and even he couldn't tell me.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-cod2.htm

HTH

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:
[...]

A more likely explanation but needs some confirmation
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

I note an exasperating trend on this list,

The exasperating trend that I notice is people referring to news groups
as "lists" or "boards" or "forums". One would think in this day and age
that such ignorant folk would learn the proper terms for the medium that
they are exploiting.

My dictionary gives definition for forum as

It do, do it? How jolly nice. And what does a non-technical dictionary
definition have to do with the naming conventions applied to services
provided over the Internet?

You may want to think before answering this time.

Why should the fact the service is provided over the internet mean the
word is not appropriate?

Why should a non technical pursuit need a technical name when there is
already a name that fits the purpose?

Why should a poster need a brain?

Why should you ignore the sound advice given?

Why don't you just get to the point?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Dec, 07:13, TheOldFellow wrote:
I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in general,
to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar. *For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your and
you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as follows:

'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean that
something belongs to 'you'.

Do try and get it right folks, as the grating sounds of the
crossed-threads in my brain are getting irritating.

R.

My pet peeve is the mispronunciation of "sixth" by many TV announcers.
It is NOT "sikth", it is "siksth"!
(It probably jars on me in particular as one of my ancestors was Which
Tyler, the leader of he Pedants' Revolt.}
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:13:58 UTC, Mr Fuxit
wrote:

On 10 Dec, 07:13, TheOldFellow wrote:
I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in general,
to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar. Â*For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your and
you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as follows:

'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean that
something belongs to 'you'.

Do try and get it right folks, as the grating sounds of the
crossed-threads in my brain are getting irritating.

R.

My pet peeve is the mispronunciation of "sixth" by many TV announcers.
It is NOT "sikth", it is "siksth"!
(It probably jars on me in particular as one of my ancestors was Which
Tyler, the leader of he Pedants' Revolt.}

My pet hate in that area is one that is perpetrated (or was, anyway) by
the voice on NatWest telephone banking. I also heard it today, when some
reporter was talking about the reopening of the partially closed Channel
Tunnel.

What is it? Feb-yoo-erry. Where did the 'r' go?
http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
Nothing compared to my ravings when BBC clips confuse bought and
brought.

Or paid and earned

or bring and take

or voluntary and unpaid

and loads of others, I seem to spend half the news program
talking back to the TV.

--
JGH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
'I'll have forty razor blades'
'and i'll have forty, too (two?)'

Makes a difference.

Brian said his solicitor was regularly drunk.
Brian, said his solicitor, was regularly drunk.

--
JGH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:

My pet hate in that area is one that is perpetrated (or was, anyway) by
the voice on NatWest telephone banking. I also heard it today, when some
reporter was talking about the reopening of the partially closed Channel
Tunnel.

What is it? Feb-yoo-erry. Where did the 'r' go?

Pah. That's nothing.

Haitch. When did the extra noise arrive on the front?

How many newsreaders refer to the Secertary of State?

And the really scary one - should he have his hand on the button, if he
thinks they are nucular weapons?

(Mind I caught myself with a your/you're mixup the other day after I;d
posted. And that semicolon in place of apostrophe is always appearing!)

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:22:50 +0000, T i m wrote:

Misspellings, typo's poor use of punctuation or any such things are

Er, "typos". No apostrophe, unless you're a grocer :-)
And a comma after "typos" please, to separate the list items correctly.

/pedantic

My mum's Welsh, and had to learn to speak English when she went to
school. If any of the children was caught speaking Welsh - even in the
street - they'd be humiliated in class by being made to wear the Welsh
Knot (local equivalent of the dunce's cap). She uses English better than
most people for whom it's their first language.

--
John Stumbles

Testiculate [v.t]
To wave one's arms around while talking ********.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:48:10 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:22:50 +0000, T i m wrote:

Misspellings, typo's poor use of punctuation or any such things are

Er, "typos". No apostrophe, unless you're a grocer :-)

I am, or one of the many shops and garages, MOT's etc etc.

And a comma after "typos" please, to separate the list items correctly.

Yeah, I would normally have done that because it makes sense (in the
rules meaning of the word).

I try to proof-read most of my posts and certainly spell check them
and I often find myself talking to the spell checker asking "What the
F's wrong with that?" then trying 15 different combinations of the
word in an effort to give it a clue. I then gave to bung it into
Gloogle in the hope that it spits out what I was trying to say "Did
you mean ... ?" etc.

So, for some it's not (even) just a matter of learning or practicing
but a form of mental 'issue' or blindness. It could even be a mental
block? Of course some of this could be sorted with extra tuition or
different learning techniques but where would many of us start and
what constitutes 'sufficient' (ie, where would / should we stop)?

Personally, in spite of my second best O-Level being in English (after
Technical Drawing and before Maths) I have, and never have had any
interest in it (or Maths) as a hobby, using it as a tool, a means to
an end.

Now, as with many other tools I probably don't use them as a
'professional' might but then who here is a master of all trades?

Shooting someone down for asking *here* if it was safe to do some
d-i-y thing that most people would realise was unsafe could be
considered 'acceptable' because it's perfectly on topic. Picking
someone up because of some breach of an often bizarre English
grammatical rule or commonly incorrect spelling or word use is (IMHO)
unnecessary. Do those people believe mentioning it here will make
things better? I'm 52 and with the best will in the world, anything I
do wrong now I will probably continue to do that way for ever. I just
don't see these things as others do (I will sometimes know a word is
wrong but not why).

/pedantic

My mum's Welsh, and had to learn to speak English when she went to
school. If any of the children was caught speaking Welsh - even in the
street - they'd be humiliated in class by being made to wear the Welsh
Knot (local equivalent of the dunce's cap). She uses English better than
most people for whom it's their first language.

The fact that English wasn't her naturally acquired language may have
been to her advantage, like not driving a car pre being taught how you
should do it for the test etc?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:26:40 +0000
(Steve Firth) wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

They've been called 'lists' since Darpa days,

No, that's mailing lists which are not news groups. Perhaps you could
involve in a little bit of beam-removing before attending to your
neighbour's mote?

Care to cite some evidence? I'm working from personal recollection,
which might be faulty, I admit. What about you?

I am NOT saying that News Groups and Mailing Lists are the same thing,
just that I distinctly remember News Groups being invented as a means
of user-management of Mailing Lists. Hence my point (the one you
snipped).

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Alang wrote:

Why should you ignore the sound advice given?

Why don't you just get to the point?

Because his point is that he wants to prolong argument, not to
disseminate wisdom or educate the ignorant. His intention is to
gratify his desire to belittle others.

He may on occasion even be right, but his form of expression is always
derogatory. Personality disorder, I'd say.

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:20:44 -0000
"Dave" wrote:

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
I note an exasperating trend on this list, and on t'internet in general,
to personal reinvention of English spelling and grammar. For
instance: the Whitworth spellings for the various flavours of 'your and
you're' (as opposed to the UNF or Metric, of course) are as follows:

'You're' means 'you are', 'your' never ever means that.
'Your' is a possessive pronoun, and can only be used when you mean that
something belongs to 'you'.

Your joking of course !
Dave

On another News Group (sop to Mrs Firth) we always use joke /joke
to surround humorous remarks. We couldn't get it into the XML standard
though.

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:22:22 +0000, Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:

-------------------8
Try AND???

A single question mark is quite sufficient. ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:59:19 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

My pet hate in that area is one that is perpetrated (or was, anyway) by
the voice on NatWest telephone banking. I also heard it today, when some
reporter was talking about the reopening of the partially closed Channel
Tunnel.

What is it? Feb-yoo-erry. Where did the 'r' go?

Pah. That's nothing.

Haitch. When did the extra noise arrive on the front?

How many newsreaders refer to the Secertary of State?

And the really scary one - should he have his hand on the button, if he
thinks they are nucular weapons?

(Mind I caught myself with a your/you're mixup the other day after I;d
posted. And that semicolon in place of apostrophe is always appearing!)

I reckon it's time to give a dishonourable mention to kil-O-meter [1], too
often used in place of kilometer. We seem to get by perfectly well with
kilograms instead of kil-O-grams.

[1] Presumably the result of the aural preconditioning of an odometer being
colloquially refered to as a "mileometer".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Alang
writes

But.
cod philosophy
cod latin

why cod?

Always puzzled me.

Wikipedia suggests it's a contraction of codswallop.

But also: "Contrary to the critics quoted above, many people with
working class English ancestry recall the use of the term in the 1930s &
1940s in northern England. [citation needed]"

In the West Riding, "cod" was simply a dialect variation of "kid" as in
"kidding", eg "It's a cod".

Likewise, "wallop" was an old slang term for beer. When Mr Codd started
brewing beer, the attraction between those words must have been
irresistible... and still is.

--
Ian White

Eliot was wrong: Febyouary is the cruelest month.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Seconded. Just killfile the ****.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

(Steve Firth) wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

They've been called 'lists' since Darpa days,

No, that's mailing lists which are not news groups. Perhaps you could
involve in a little bit of beam-removing before attending to your
neighbour's mote?

Care to cite some evidence? I'm working from personal recollection,
which might be faulty, I admit. What about you?

I am NOT saying that News Groups and Mailing Lists are the same thing,
just that I distinctly remember News Groups being invented as a means
of user-management of Mailing Lists. Hence my point (the one you
snipped).

I think you have misunderstood RFC 850. Usenet was established to use a
subset of the RFC 822 mail message format as a standard for interchange
of news articles. It did not have anything to do with mailing list
management. Usenet and news existed prior to RFC 850, and all that was
changed was to adopt the mail message format to supplant the formats
existing for news articles at that time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alang wrote:

Why don't you just get to the point?

I did, but some argumentative tosspot calling himself "Alang" wants to
ignore the point and is attemptint to define Usenet by using his
misunderstanding of the content of a non-technical on-line dictionary.

You may refer to newsgroups however you wish, but if someone starts
callign them "lists" or "forums" or any other such name dragged in from
Compuserve, AOL or wherever they can expect to be laughed at.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheOldFellow wrote:

Because his point is that he wants to prolong argument, not to
disseminate wisdom or educate the ignorant. His intention is to
gratify his desire to belittle others.

He may on occasion even be right, but his form of expression is always
derogatory. Personality disorder, I'd say.

snork

Refer to that beam in your eye again. You started this nonsence with
your pointless, off-topic rant in which you tried to establish what a
wonderful person you are because you speak English according to what
*you* see as perfect grasp of grammar. Your intention being entirely and
solely to belittle others.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
jgharston wrote:

Brian said his solicitor was regularly drunk.
Brian, said his solicitor, was regularly drunk.

What? Is this thing called love?

What is this thing called, love?

What is this thing, called love?

etc.

That is why punctuation is important, despite the lefty driven destruction of
standards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jgharston wrote:
Brian said his solicitor was regularly drunk.
Brian, said his solicitor, was regularly drunk.

What? Is this thing called love?

What is this thing called, love?

What is this thing, called love?

etc.

That is why punctuation is important, despite the lefty driven destruction of
standards.

It gets worse when you write computer programs.

or do maths.

a+b*c is not the same as (a+b)*c.

But lefties don't do sums or write programs.

Since the only way to make everyone equal is to insist on the world
being dumbed down to the ability of a child of one to function in it
everywhere.

The fact that it takes a heck of a lot of maths and software to dumb it
down that far, and having done so, there wont be any mathematicians or
programmers left, seems to entirely have escaped their comprehension.

But that's not hard to do.

English - english.jpeg John Fields Electronic Schematics 14 June 5th 07 02:29 AM
How to simulate English Oak Steve Woodworking 12 January 16th 07 09:30 PM
Who knows what a Tauchsieder is in English? MM UK diy 113 January 8th 06 12:22 PM
English Walnut robo hippy Woodturning 10 August 27th 05 08:25 AM
Who's this guy in the Old English commercial?? Mark and Kim Smith Woodworking 10 August 5th 05 03:17 PM