Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default DIY English

Bob Eager wrote:

My pet hate in that area is one that is perpetrated (or was, anyway) by
the voice on NatWest telephone banking. I also heard it today, when some
reporter was talking about the reopening of the partially closed Channel
Tunnel.

What is it? Feb-yoo-erry. Where did the 'r' go?

Pah. That's nothing.

Haitch. When did the extra noise arrive on the front?

How many newsreaders refer to the Secertary of State?

And the really scary one - should he have his hand on the button, if he
thinks they are nucular weapons?

(Mind I caught myself with a your/you're mixup the other day after I;d
posted. And that semicolon in place of apostrophe is always appearing!)

Andy