Mark and Kim Smith

Default Who's this guy in the Old English commercial??

Greg Honsey (sp?), Master Craftsman?
http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml Click on "View the TV ad."
Actor or real guy?
firstjois

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Greg Honsey (sp?), Master Craftsman?
http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml Click on "View the TV
ad." Actor or real guy?

Donno about the guy but does wood need conditioning? Not with any modern
finish?

Josie

Charlie Self

firstjois wrote:
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Greg Honsey (sp?), Master Craftsman?
http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml Click on "View the TV
ad." Actor or real guy?

Donno about the guy but does wood need conditioning? Not with any

modern
finish?

Josie

Wood doesn't need conditioning, period. Wood is dead plant material and
a bit of water. What's to condition? My first wife's grandmohter used
to lay on a very light coat of 3M oil about once a year. Other than
being sticky, it didn't seem to do any harm, but it sure didn't help.
Neither do these other concoctions, though they may provide some
protection from light water spills for some types of finish.

firstjois

Charlie Self wrote:
firstjois wrote:
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Greg Honsey (sp?), Master Craftsman?
http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml Click on "View the TV
ad." Actor or real guy?

Donno about the guy but does wood need conditioning? Not with any
modern finish?

Josie

Wood doesn't need conditioning, period. Wood is dead plant material
and a bit of water. What's to condition? My first wife's grandmohter
used to lay on a very light coat of 3M oil about once a year. Other
than being sticky, it didn't seem to do any harm, but it sure didn't
help. Neither do these other concoctions, though they may provide
some protection from light water spills for some types of finish.

LOL: Other than being sticky.

Oh, boy!

Josie

Patrick Conroy

Mark and Kim Smith wrote in news:d5cm5h
:

http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml

Cutting his dovetails with a router.

Mike in Mystic

what's wrong with that?

"Patrick Conroy" wrote in message
Mark and Kim Smith wrote in news:d5cm5h
:

http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml

Cutting his dovetails with a router.

George

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message
what's wrong with that?

"Patrick Conroy" wrote in message
Mark and Kim Smith wrote in news:d5cm5h
:

http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml

Cutting his dovetails with a router.

Doesn't one show him applying a stain/varnish combo?

Ken Muldrew

"Charlie Self" wrote:

My first wife's grandmohter used
to lay on a very light coat of 3M oil about once a year. Other than
being sticky, it didn't seem to do any harm, but it sure didn't help.

Although if you like your house to smell like a machine shop...

Ken Muldrew

(remove all letters after y in the alphabet)
Patrick Conroy

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in news:Azree.1730$6E.1701
@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

what's wrong with that?

"Patrick Conroy" wrote in message
Mark and Kim Smith wrote in news:d5cm5h
:

http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml

Cutting his dovetails with a router.

Nothing. Nothing at all.
John Grossbohlin

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Greg Honsey (sp?), Master Craftsman?
http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml Click on "View the TV ad."
Actor or real guy?

Real guy... Greg Hohensee, of G. A. Hohensee Fine Furniture, Haines Falls,
NY (near Hunter Mtn Ski Area). He's kind of local to me and has been
featured in some local print media. I haven't seen his work in person but
what I've seen in print looked interesting. He lists his products as custom
high-end furniture and custom high-end case work.

John Grossbohlin

As a follow up to this, Hohensee's recently relocated workshop was destroyed
by fire Thursday morning.... I posted a picture to ABPW.

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Greg Honsey (sp?), Master Craftsman?
http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml Click on "View the TV ad."
Actor or real guy?

Real guy... Greg Hohensee, of G. A. Hohensee Fine Furniture, Haines Falls,
NY (near Hunter Mtn Ski Area). He's kind of local to me and has been
featured in some local print media. I haven't seen his work in person but
what I've seen in print looked interesting. He lists his products as
custom high-end furniture and custom high-end case work.

INSPIRATION - English Oak Bible Box J T Woodworking 8 December 25th 04 10:45 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Furniture design vintage carpentry [email protected] UK diy 2 June 1st 04 11:35 PM
Using an English wheel marc Metalworking 9 November 15th 03 05:55 AM
Commercial range in residence, and other appliances Jon Endres, PE Home Ownership 20 July 8th 03 08:04 PM