marc

Default Using an English wheel

I have access to a english wheel and have been trying to wheel simple
shapes from 16 gauge aluminium . Although I do enjoy playing with the
english wheel I think I'm ready to learn how its done . Does anyone
know of any courses in the U.K I live 30 miles south of London.

cheers Marc
Rex B

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:08:27 +0000 (UTC), marc wrote:

|I have access to a english wheel and have been trying to wheel simple
|shapes from 16 gauge aluminium . Although I do enjoy playing with the
|english wheel I think I'm ready to learn how its done . Does anyone
|know of any courses in the U.K I live 30 miles south of London.
|
| cheers Marc

You should explore this with the vintage racecar crowd.
Do a Google search, I bet someone will offer to "apprentice" you.

Rex in Fort Worth
David Billington

I don't know of any courses specifically for wheeling but maybe 6 - 7
years back I had details of a car restoration course up north Birmingham
way or beyond which covered it. A search on the net might turn up
something or look at a book called "Time to Learn" which covers adult
education classes in the UK. I haven't been on a course just taught
myself the basics after building a wheeling machine.

marc wrote:

I have access to a english wheel and have been trying to wheel simple
shapes from 16 gauge aluminium . Although I do enjoy playing with the
english wheel I think I'm ready to learn how its done . Does anyone
know of any courses in the U.K I live 30 miles south of London.

cheers Marc

Bonza

marc,
Check with an EAA chapter or an aircraft mechanic. hese are often
used for aircraft parts.

Bob
marc

wheeling is more of a hobby , I wont have enough time to become a
apprentice. But a course to teach me the basics is really what I'm
after , if not maybe someone can recommend a book or a video on the
subject.

Cheers Marc

Gary Brady

wheeling is more of a hobby , I wont have enough time to become a apprentice.
But a course to teach me the basics is really what I'm after , if not maybe
someone can recommend a book or a video on the
subject.Cheers Marc

Two sites that have a lot of info on English wheels and use thereof a

http://www.metalshapers.org/

http://www.metalmeet.com/index.htm
Gary Brady
Austin, TX