Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Fantastic drop in domestic heating cost!

Finally fell below 40p a litre last week. Cheapest since February.
Gone up since. Good job I bought some!

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 24, 11:32*am, MM wrote:
Finally fell below 40p a litre last week. Cheapest since February.
Gone up since. Good job I bought some!

MM

Good for you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 Oct 2008 10:42:43 GMT, Huge wrote:

Finally fell below 40p a litre last week.

Of course. I bought a kilolitre, so it was bound to get cheaper.

Only a kilolitre? I'll be looking for 2 kilolitres but not quite yet.
Having said that I'm going to keep a close eye on the crude prices and if
they start to climb back up (as OPEC want) may well buy an interim
kilolitre.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On 24 Oct 2008 10:42:43 GMT, Huge wrote:

Finally fell below 40p a litre last week.

Of course. I bought a kilolitre, so it was bound to get cheaper.

Only a kilolitre? I'll be looking for 2 kilolitres but not quite yet.
Having said that I'm going to keep a close eye on the crude prices and if
they start to climb back up (as OPEC want) may well buy an interim
kilolitre.

Bear in mind that the pound is dropping nearly as fast as oil prices.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On 2008-10-24, MM wrote:
Finally fell below 40p a litre last week.

Of course. I bought a kilolitre, so it was bound to get cheaper.

Today it's fallen even further, even though Opec has agreed to cut
production.

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:40:36 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On 24 Oct 2008 10:42:43 GMT, Huge wrote:

Finally fell below 40p a litre last week.

Of course. I bought a kilolitre, so it was bound to get cheaper.

Only a kilolitre? I'll be looking for 2 kilolitres but not quite yet.
Having said that I'm going to keep a close eye on the crude prices and if
they start to climb back up (as OPEC want) may well buy an interim
kilolitre.

One site I have been monitoring is:
http://www.fastenergy.de/heizoelpreis-tendenz.htm

It's German, but look at the little arrows on the right. Today they're
mostly pointing down or are neither up nor down. I have found this
site a pretty fair indicator, even though the actual price per litre
may be slightly different in Germany. Also check out
www.boilerjuice.com

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On 2008-10-24, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On 24 Oct 2008 10:42:43 GMT, Huge wrote:

Finally fell below 40p a litre last week.

Of course. I bought a kilolitre, so it was bound to get cheaper.

Only a kilolitre?

Well, it was effing expensive. And that lasts us most of a year.

I'll be looking for 2 kilolitres but not quite yet.
Having said that I'm going to keep a close eye on the crude prices and if
they start to climb back up (as OPEC want) may well buy an interim
kilolitre.

I might gets toppers up, ditto.

Yeah, at the rate it's falling it may soon be cheaper than I paid in
2006 (32p a litre). I celebrated yesterday by having a really long,
hot bath! Bliss!

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

MM coughed up some electrons that declared:

Yeah, at the rate it's falling it may soon be cheaper than I paid in
2006 (32p a litre). I celebrated yesterday by having a really long,
hot bath! Bliss!

MM

You haven't had a bath since 2006?

I'll get me coat...
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 04:21:56 -0700 (PDT), "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

On Oct 24, 11:32*am, MM wrote:
Finally fell below 40p a litre last week. Cheapest since February.
Gone up since. Good job I bought some!

MM

Good for you.

Could be even better still. The Times reports today that oil could be
heading for $50 a barrel by December, lowest since March 2007. Watch
those trends! It's seat of the pants time! It's a nuisance that
domestic heating oil fluctuates so wildly in price, literally from day
to day, whereas filling stations (petrol, diesel) are much more
constant.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Oct 24, 11:32 am, MM wrote:
Finally fell below 40p a litre last week. Cheapest since February.
Gone up since. Good job I bought some!

MM

Good for you.

Could be even better still. The Times reports today that oil could be
heading for $50 a barrel by December, lowest since March 2007. Watch
those trends! It's seat of the pants time! It's a nuisance that
domestic heating oil fluctuates so wildly in price, literally from day
to day, whereas filling stations (petrol, diesel) are much more
constant.

OPEC are already cutting production so oil/petrol/diesel etc will soon be
going up again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

OPEC are already cutting production so oil/petrol/diesel etc will soon be
going up again.

That was their plan, but the market price went down on the news of their
volume cut.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Oct 24, 11:32 am, MM wrote:
Finally fell below 40p a litre last week. Cheapest since February.
Gone up since. Good job I bought some!

MM

Good for you.

Could be even better still. The Times reports today that oil could be
heading for $50 a barrel by December, lowest since March 2007. Watch
those trends! It's seat of the pants time! It's a nuisance that
domestic heating oil fluctuates so wildly in price, literally from day
to day, whereas filling stations (petrol, diesel) are much more
constant.

MM

That's because they are over 50% tax.
That never varies.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
John wrote:

OPEC are already cutting production so oil/petrol/diesel etc will soon
be going up again.

That was their plan, but the market price went down on the news of their
volume cut.

That's because worldwide consumption has fallen below output.
And will drop further as the 400 year Depression and reversion to the
Dark Ages sets in. ;-)

Realistically OPEC will cut as much as it needs to to stabilise between
$75 and $100 a barrel. If a dollar is worth more than a empty promise to
wipe your arse on, by then.

Cost to relocate electric service drop Reed Hurtt Home Repair 15 November 14th 16 03:37 PM
Heating Domestic Water Leveled UK diy 11 July 6th 08 10:41 AM
Domestic heating oil: Smaller quantities MM UK diy 47 May 4th 08 12:56 PM
Drop Ceiling Cost for my almost finished basement [email protected] Home Repair 13 December 24th 06 09:38 PM
Alternatives to gas for central heating and domestic water heating? Jimmy UK diy 55 January 16th 05 12:49 PM