Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Fantastic drop in domestic heating cost!

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:40:36 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On 24 Oct 2008 10:42:43 GMT, Huge wrote:

Finally fell below 40p a litre last week.

Of course. I bought a kilolitre, so it was bound to get cheaper.

Only a kilolitre? I'll be looking for 2 kilolitres but not quite yet.
Having said that I'm going to keep a close eye on the crude prices and if
they start to climb back up (as OPEC want) may well buy an interim
kilolitre.

One site I have been monitoring is:
http://www.fastenergy.de/heizoelpreis-tendenz.htm

It's German, but look at the little arrows on the right. Today they're
mostly pointing down or are neither up nor down. I have found this
site a pretty fair indicator, even though the actual price per litre
may be slightly different in Germany. Also check out
www.boilerjuice.com

MM