Posted to rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y

Default Ok and now on to the hinges!

OK, now I have a good idea how to fix the screw holes I'm trying to
find the hinges. This seems to be a major problem as I can't find a UK
supplier that makes/sells these.

The only alternative that seems to be on the market are a dovetail
version and that won't work because the recess that are here are the
wrong shape and depth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t/P9251031.jpg

That's what I'm looking for. Preferably in metal for strength but open
to possible materials. I've seen some on the American sites in nylon
and brass but they don't ship over here!

Once again, thanks and my apologies for being a bit picky, but this a
labour of love and a restoration.
Posted to rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y

On 25 Sep, 11:10, TrailRat wrote:
OK, now I have a good idea how to fix the screw holes I'm trying to
find the hinges. This seems to be a major problem as I can't find a UK
supplier that makes/sells these.

The only alternative that seems to be on the market are a dovetail
version and that won't work because the recess that are here are the
wrong shape and depth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t/P9251031.jpg

That's what I'm looking for. Preferably in metal for strength but open
to possible materials. I've seen some on the American sites in nylon
and brass but they don't ship over here!

Once again, thanks and my apologies for being a bit picky, but this a
labour of love and a restoration.

Try Woodfit, under flap hinge, like part# AF357
Posted to rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y

On 25 Sep, 12:41, wrote:

Try Woodfit, under flap hinge, like part# AF357

OOhhhh, marvelous!!! I owe you a pint or something!

Posted to rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

Try Woodfit, under flap hinge, like part# AF357

Or maybe
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/80989/...e-90-Pack-of-2

Posted to rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Try Woodfit, under flap hinge, like part# AF357

Here's a link:

http://tinyurl.com/4b26zw

hinges edee_em Home Repair 1 July 2nd 08 08:49 PM
Hinges [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 3rd 08 06:51 AM
hinges. Donald Weber Woodworking Plans and Photos 11 November 11th 07 10:30 PM
hinges. Nova Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 November 10th 07 01:57 AM
Hinges...SSS, PSS, EB?? r.p.mcmurphy UK diy 6 September 11th 05 01:04 PM