r.p.mcmurphy

Default Hinges...SSS, PSS, EB??

looking at hinges for the garage door I'm building. screwfix have ball
bearing types in SSS, PSS and EB. What does it all mean?

steve

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:
looking at hinges for the garage door I'm building. screwfix have
ball bearing types in SSS, PSS and EB. What does it all mean?

steve

Satin Stainless Steel, Polished Stainless Steel, Electro Brass

Si

r.p.mcmurphy

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:
r.p.mcmurphy wrote:
looking at hinges for the garage door I'm building. screwfix have
ball bearing types in SSS, PSS and EB. What does it all mean?

steve

Satin Stainless Steel, Polished Stainless Steel, Electro Brass

Si

Ahh! Thanks Si! Why dont they just say Satin Stainless Steel, Polished
Stainless Steel, Electro Brass then? saving electrons?

cheers!

steve

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:
looking at hinges for the garage door I'm building. screwfix have
ball bearing types in SSS, PSS and EB. What does it all mean?

steve

Satin Stainless Steel, Polished Stainless Steel, Electro Brass

Si

Ahh! Thanks Si! Why dont they just say Satin Stainless Steel,
Polished Stainless Steel, Electro Brass then? saving electrons?

I can only assume that they're lazy *******s. Seems to be the only logical
explanation.

Si

r.p.mcmurphy

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:
looking at hinges for the garage door I'm building. screwfix have
ball bearing types in SSS, PSS and EB. What does it all mean?

steve

Satin Stainless Steel, Polished Stainless Steel, Electro Brass

Si

Ahh! Thanks Si! Why dont they just say Satin Stainless Steel,
Polished Stainless Steel, Electro Brass then? saving electrons?

I can only assume that they're lazy *******s. Seems to be the only
logical explanation.

Si

well i've sugested to them that they take more effort in the descriptions of
their products. lets see if they listen to thier customers!

steve

Lobster

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:

well i've sugested to them that they take more effort in the
descriptions of their products.

So have I!

Eg, just for fun, pick any item from the range of solvent weld waste
pipes
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId=101249&ts=95697
and see if you can spot the slightly confusing 'deliberate mistake' in
the product listing...

lets see if they listen to thier customers!

Well, I queried mine weeks ago, to no avail.

David
Charles Fearnley

"Lobster" wrote in message
r.p.mcmurphy wrote:

well i've sugested to them that they take more effort in the
descriptions of their products.

So have I!

Eg, just for fun, pick any item from the range of solvent weld waste
pipes
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId=101249&ts=95697
and see if you can spot the slightly confusing 'deliberate mistake' in
the product listing...

lets see if they listen to thier customers!

Well, I queried mine weeks ago, to no avail.

David

I claim the mystery prize!

Solvent Weld Waste - Straight Coupling 40mm - "Requires no solvent or
tightening"

Slightly puzzled by the "tightening", but not using solvent will certainly
make assembling the runs less messy. Another great innovation.....

Charles