DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ok and now on to the hinges! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/261208-ok-now-hinges.html)

TrailRat September 25th 08 11:10 AM

Ok and now on to the hinges!

OK, now I have a good idea how to fix the screw holes I'm trying to
find the hinges. This seems to be a major problem as I can't find a UK
supplier that makes/sells these.

The only alternative that seems to be on the market are a dovetail
version and that won't work because the recess that are here are the
wrong shape and depth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t/P9251031.jpg

That's what I'm looking for. Preferably in metal for strength but open
to possible materials. I've seen some on the American sites in nylon
and brass but they don't ship over here!

Once again, thanks and my apologies for being a bit picky, but this a
labour of love and a restoration.

[email protected] September 25th 08 12:41 PM

Ok and now on to the hinges!

On 25 Sep, 11:10, TrailRat wrote:
OK, now I have a good idea how to fix the screw holes I'm trying to
find the hinges. This seems to be a major problem as I can't find a UK
supplier that makes/sells these.

The only alternative that seems to be on the market are a dovetail
version and that won't work because the recess that are here are the
wrong shape and depth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t/P9251031.jpg

That's what I'm looking for. Preferably in metal for strength but open
to possible materials. I've seen some on the American sites in nylon
and brass but they don't ship over here!

Once again, thanks and my apologies for being a bit picky, but this a
labour of love and a restoration.

Try Woodfit, under flap hinge, like part# AF357

TrailRat September 25th 08 01:19 PM

Ok and now on to the hinges!

On 25 Sep, 12:41, wrote:

Try Woodfit, under flap hinge, like part# AF357

OOhhhh, marvelous!!! I owe you a pint or something!

dennis@home September 25th 08 01:19 PM

Ok and now on to the hinges!

wrote in message

Try Woodfit, under flap hinge, like part# AF357

Or maybe
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/80989/...e-90-Pack-of-2

Bruce[_4_] September 25th 08 05:10 PM

Ok and now on to the hinges!

wrote:

Try Woodfit, under flap hinge, like part# AF357

Here's a link:

http://tinyurl.com/4b26zw