Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hinges

Please help me in what might be a stupid question: Need to replace some
hinges off a bifold door, 2 1/2" x 1 5/8" in size. Went to local home
depot and picked out the appropriate size. When I went to install them I
noticed that there was a slight bend on one half of the hinge near the
knuckle. The other half was flat. When I tried to install the hinge
obviously the one side sat up a bit. The only way to get them to sit flat
was to push the hinge forward which created a space between the bifold doors
(which I don't want). I didn't see any flat ones at HD Loews or a local
hardware store here. Is there any way of buying a flat hinge or do they all
come like this? Is there any way of flattening out the hinge to take the
bend out?

As always, your thoughts are appreciated.

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there but I like to stay in...

Posted to alt.home.repair

edee_em wrote:

Please help me in what might be a stupid question: Need to replace some
hinges off a bifold door, 2 1/2" x 1 5/8" in size. Went to local home
depot and picked out the appropriate size. When I went to install them I
noticed that there was a slight bend on one half of the hinge near the
knuckle. The other half was flat. When I tried to install the hinge
obviously the one side sat up a bit. The only way to get them to sit flat
was to push the hinge forward which created a space between the bifold
doors
(which I don't want). I didn't see any flat ones at HD Loews or a local
hardware store here. Is there any way of buying a flat hinge or do they
all
come like this? Is there any way of flattening out the hinge to take the
bend out?

As always, your thoughts are appreciated.

http://www.cabinetparts.com/
http://www.hardwaresource.com/

Google is your friend took a total of 30 seconds

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

hinges. Donald Weber Woodworking Plans and Photos 11 November 11th 07 10:30 PM
hinges. Nova Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 November 10th 07 01:57 AM
What hinges to use? [email protected] Woodworking 4 January 3rd 07 08:07 PM
"Pop off" Hinges Anthony Bowles UK diy 3 April 9th 05 10:43 PM
Hinges Allan Matthews Woodworking 3 February 2nd 05 02:02 PM