Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

Default Solar/wind?

drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
saying something like:

Neither wind nor solar make any real economic sense in a domestic
situation in the UK..

They do if you make them yourself and I thought this was a DIY group.

They make no sense at all if you have to pay somebody to manufacture and
somebody else to install them - perhaps at 200usd/barrel they might, but
not even then, I think.

--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home"
saying something like:

I want a DIY way of drilling a 75m borehole in mud stone if anyone has any
ideas?

I have an unused borehole I'd be willing to sell - it's about 150' deep.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 19:46:18 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

I want a DIY way of drilling a 75m borehole in mud stone if anyone has
any ideas?

I have an unused borehole I'd be willing to sell - it's about 150'
deep.

Do you deliver?

Yes, but only the hole.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 19:46:18 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

I want a DIY way of drilling a 75m borehole in mud stone if anyone has
any ideas?

I have an unused borehole I'd be willing to sell - it's about 150'
deep.

Do you deliver?

Yes, but only the hole.

I'm sure he would gladly accept half of the hole, but it must be
delivered in one unbroken length.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home"
saying something like:

I have an unused borehole I'd be willing to sell - it's about 150' deep.

Do you deliver?

Collect only, I'm afraid. Have you ever tried to send a hole by carrier?
Not easy, I can assure you.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 19:46:18 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

I want a DIY way of drilling a 75m borehole in mud stone if anyone has
any ideas?

I have an unused borehole I'd be willing to sell - it's about 150'
deep.

Do you deliver?

Yes, but only the hole.

I'm sure he would gladly accept half of the hole, but it must be
delivered in one unbroken length.

Only if its the bottom half.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
saying something like:

Neither wind nor solar make any real economic sense in a domestic
situation in the UK..

They do if you make them yourself and I thought this was a DIY group.

They make no sense at all if you have to pay somebody to manufacture and
somebody else to install them - perhaps at 200usd/barrel they might, but
not even then, I think.

I dont even think they make sense DIY.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
saying something like:

Neither wind nor solar make any real economic sense in a domestic
situation in the UK..

They do if you make them yourself and I thought this was a DIY group.

They make no sense at all if you have to pay somebody to manufacture and
somebody else to install them - perhaps at 200usd/barrel they might, but
not even then, I think.

I dont even think they make sense DIY.

Free materials, free time and resulting in free hot water? How can that
not make sense?
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
saying something like:

Neither wind nor solar make any real economic sense in a domestic
situation in the UK..
They do if you make them yourself and I thought this was a DIY group.

They make no sense at all if you have to pay somebody to manufacture and
somebody else to install them - perhaps at 200usd/barrel they might, but
not even then, I think.

I dont even think they make sense DIY.

Free materials, free time and resulting in free hot water? How can that
not make sense?

you have to eat to replavce the energy you use in manufacture/installation..

Food is energy as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
saying something like:

Neither wind nor solar make any real economic sense in a domestic
situation in the UK..
They do if you make them yourself and I thought this was a DIY group.

They make no sense at all if you have to pay somebody to manufacture and
somebody else to install them - perhaps at 200usd/barrel they might, but
not even then, I think.

I dont even think they make sense DIY.

Free materials, free time and resulting in free hot water? How can that
not make sense?

you have to eat to replavce the energy you use in manufacture/installation..

Food is energy as well.

Here's a straw - fancy a clutch?