Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chrome basin P Trap

I need a 32mm chrome P trap (not a bottle) but the usual culprits don't
seem to stock them. The only stockist I can find is in darkest Cornwall,
has a slow website and the shipping is nearly as much as the trap.
This is what I'm after: http://www.blueriband.ltd.uk/catalog.php) - any
suggestions for other stockists?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NoSpam wrote:
I need a 32mm chrome P trap (not a bottle) but the usual culprits don't
seem to stock them. The only stockist I can find is in darkest Cornwall,
has a slow website and the shipping is nearly as much as the trap.
This is what I'm after: http://www.blueriband.ltd.uk/catalog.php) - any
suggestions for other stockists?

Dave

Try BES.co.uk Dave, I've had quite a range of Chrome fittngs and pipe
from them in the past.

Bob in Romsey
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 18:03:36 +0000, NoSpam
wrote:

I need a 32mm chrome P trap (not a bottle) but the usual culprits don't
seem to stock them. The only stockist I can find is in darkest Cornwall,
has a slow website and the shipping is nearly as much as the trap.
This is what I'm after: http://www.blueriband.ltd.uk/catalog.php) - any
suggestions for other stockists?

Dave

See what you mean about the slooooooooooooooow website .I gave up
waiting
Did you look here
http://www.bathroomheaven.com/sp_bro...ng_accessories
or here
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:
NoSpam wrote:
I need a 32mm chrome P trap (not a bottle) but the usual culprits
don't seem to stock them. The only stockist I can find is in darkest
Cornwall, has a slow website and the shipping is nearly as much as the
trap.
This is what I'm after: http://www.blueriband.ltd.uk/catalog.php) -
any suggestions for other stockists?

Dave

Try BES.co.uk Dave, I've had quite a range of Chrome fittngs and pipe
from them in the past.

Bob in Romsey

Thanks Bob, but there are only plastic traps or an expensive chrome
"stand pipe" kit on their site.

(BTW, thanks also for the info on lawn mower prices - I decided to
resurrect the old one for another season)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I need a 32mm chrome P trap (not a bottle) but the usual culprits don't
seem to stock them. The only stockist I can find is in darkest Cornwall,
has a slow website and the shipping is nearly as much as the trap.
This is what I'm after: http://www.blueriband.ltd.uk/catalog.php) - any
suggestions for other stockists?

Dave

See what you mean about the slooooooooooooooow website .I gave up
waiting
Did you look here
http://www.bathroomheaven.com/sp_bro...ng_accessories

They had me excited because they list a suitable (Hansgrohe) trap at a
reasonable price, but delivery is £15! It must be a personalised
delivery service at that price.

or here
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

That's where I started :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8 Dec, 18:03, NoSpam wrote:
I need a 32mm chrome P trap (not a bottle) but the usual culprits don't
seem to stock them. The only stockist I can find is in darkest Cornwall,
has a slow website and the shipping is nearly as much as the trap.
This is what I'm after:http://www.blueriband.ltd.uk/catalog.php) - any
suggestions for other stockists?

Dave

I got mine from Screwfix:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/10004/...D0NYCSTHZOSFFI

Search for "waste" on their website if the link doesn't work.

Jon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/10004/...-Traps/Chrome-...

Search for "waste" on their website if the link doesn't work.

Jon.

Ah, just re-read your message - the above isn't what you want - sorry!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I need a 32mm chrome P trap (not a bottle) but the usual culprits don't
seem to stock them. The only stockist I can find is in darkest Cornwall,
has a slow website and the shipping is nearly as much as the trap.
This is what I'm after: http://www.blueriband.ltd.uk/catalog.php) - any
suggestions for other stockists?

Dave

See what you mean about the slooooooooooooooow website .I gave up
waiting
Did you look here
http://www.bathroomheaven.com/sp_bro...ng_accessories

They had me excited because they list a suitable (Hansgrohe) trap at a
reasonable price, but delivery is £15! It must be a personalised
delivery service at that price.

or here
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

That's where I started :-(

Is £15 THAT bad ..Presumably it's by courier and it gets you what you
want .You did say it's at a reasonable price .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

The delivery is more than the value of the part.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chrome basin P Trap - FOLLOW-UP

NoSpam wrote:
I need a 32mm chrome P trap (not a bottle) but the usual culprits don't
seem to stock them. The only stockist I can find is in darkest Cornwall,
has a slow website and the shipping is nearly as much as the trap.
This is what I'm after: http://www.blueriband.ltd.uk/catalog.php) - any
suggestions for other stockists?

Dave

Follow-up: I just received the trap from Blue Riband. The web site is
slow but a very helpful chap answered the phone yesterday and guaranteed
delivery today for a fiver. Top marks, I'd use them again (usual
disclaimer).

Dave

Chrome bottle trap outlet connection F UK diy 4 July 10th 06 01:16 AM
Chrome sealer?? DanG Metalworking 8 October 11th 05 07:52 AM
Basin trap connection Jacob Thomas UK diy 3 April 4th 05 02:44 PM
How much to chrome plate? john Smith UK diy 13 March 30th 05 08:32 PM
Adding a basin to a toilet with no route for basin waste pipe Richard Hamer UK diy 24 July 22nd 04 12:12 AM