Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default Chrome bottle trap outlet connection

I've got a chrome bottle trap on the way from Screwfix (10004). Anyone
able to tell me what (and where) do I need to make the connection to
take the waste out through the cavity wall to the drain outside?

TIA.

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:

I've got a chrome bottle trap on the way from Screwfix (10004). Anyone
able to tell me what (and where) do I need to make the connection to
take the waste out through the cavity wall to the drain outside?

It will usually come with a length of chrome 34mm pipe to do the first
bit of the run with. You can switch to plastic using a universal
compression fitting when required.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

On 09/07/2006 22:57 John Rumm wrote:

It will usually come with a length of chrome 34mm pipe to do the first
bit of the run with. You can switch to plastic using a universal
compression fitting when required.

Ah! That's what I wanted to know - thanks.

The description says 'Chromed Brass Trap with 32mm Stainless Steel
extension tube' but I expect the compression fitting will cope with the
2mm difference.

--
Frank
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
I've got a chrome bottle trap on the way from Screwfix (10004). Anyone
able to tell me what (and where) do I need to make the connection to
take the waste out through the cavity wall to the drain outside?

TIA.

Ive never discovered. Best for me turned out to ba a bunch of osma push
fit couplings that almost fitted..shame because I have osmaweld pipework
and its not the same size at all..

Take the trap & exit pipe to the local plumbing center or builders
merchant and get some pipe and a right angled bend, and a coupler, that
fit it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 22:01:58 +0100, F wrote:

I've got a chrome bottle trap on the way from Screwfix (10004). Anyone
able to tell me what (and where) do I need to make the connection to
take the waste out through the cavity wall to the drain outside?

32mm push-fit or compression.

You can get a push-fit x solvent-weld coupler (from BES & other
proper plumbers merchants) which I've used to join to fixed pipework
running through walls etc.