Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower enclosure (660mm x 1200mm) - Desperate pls

Hi,

I have tried several companies to obtain quotes for a 660mm x 1200mm
shower enclosure. Unfortunately the room has to be that width (660mm)
for the shower tray. I tried to get a few quotes (3) in total and all
are coming up with a cost of £1000 pounds. I am astonished i cant get
something of this size for a reasonable price.

As a last ditch attempt, can anyone advise alternatives. The
constraint is it must be 660mm width (670 would probably be ok).

Many thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 29, 3:11 pm, Lobster wrote:
wrote:
I have tried several companies to obtain quotes for a 660mm x 1200mm
shower enclosure. Unfortunately the room has to be that width (660mm)
for the shower tray. I tried to get a few quotes (3) in total and all
are coming up with a cost of £1000 pounds. I am astonished i cant get
something of this size for a reasonable price.

As a last ditch attempt, can anyone advise alternatives. The
constraint is it must be 660mm width (670 would probably be ok).

Can you just explain it in a bit more detail... are you saying you
already have a tray, and need to buy an enclosure to fit round that? Or
have you yet to buy an appropriate tray?

What are the physical constraints in the room - eg an alcove?

What sort of enclosure are you looking at - something with a door and
two sides?

David

the narrowest preformed tray I've seen is 760mm , and that feels
claustrophic. So can we assume you are fitting a tiled floor with
drain? From memory I think the return panel of a standard enclosure
is held by self tappers , not welded.If this is the case a 1200x760
enclosure frame could be cut down and a new glass of
600-670mm)safety glass bought form a glaziers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Oct, 14:17, wrote:
Hi,

I have tried several companies to obtain quotes for a 660mm x 1200mm
shower enclosure. Unfortunately the room has to be that width (660mm)
for the shower tray. I tried to get a few quotes (3) in total and all
are coming up with a cost of £1000 pounds. I am astonished i cant get
something of this size for a reasonable price.

As a last ditch attempt, can anyone advise alternatives. The
constraint is it must be 660mm width (670 would probably be ok).

Many thanks

Just to clarify it is just a tray i am after. The current tray is
660mm wide x 1200mm. It does not feel too bad with the size it is
because of the width.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to theregistry786, Joannemarie79 wrote:
Hi I need a tray 660mm wide, does anyone know where I can get one from.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ls-432734-.htm

Shower enclosure (660mm x 1200mm) - Desperate pls [email protected] UK diy 4 August 8th 07 03:09 PM
Shower enclosure JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com Home Repair 3 December 29th 06 12:25 AM
shower enclosure John G UK diy 0 February 22nd 06 12:23 PM
Shower enclosure Stinkoman UK diy 1 April 17th 05 04:35 PM