Stinkoman

Default Shower enclosure

I'm at the end of my tether trying to fit a shower enclosure. It's a pivot
door and came with the side panel in one (cheap) bundle from B&Q.

Everything has to be true and spirit-level correct, which caught me by
surprise. So I've been through and made sure all the vertical wall brackets
and the shower base are entirely flat/90 degrees and so on.

And STILL the f***ing door won't close properly (ie the magnetic seals won't
meet)! At the moment I might be able to get it work by ramming a tile under
the hinge part of the pivot door.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this pivot door ensemble is
just crap. Fitted before it, by the previous owners of the house, was a
sliding door arrangment. I'm starting to think this is the best plan, but I
can't find anywhere that sells one (not at a reasonable price ie under
£200).

Anybody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Anybody tried to fit one of
these *******s?

Stinkoman

[...]

I solved my own problem in the end by simply mucking about with it.
Eventually, by shoving out the bottom a bit and refixing it, I was able to
get it to work perfectly. This created a gap under the door which I've
filled it with silicon.

Fitting these kind of shower doors takes experience, though, and probably
two people (I did it on my own). It's not unlike fitting cupboard doors,
whereby you have to screw the hinges to adjust the hang of the door -
there's a knack to it that beginners just won't get.

Given the choice in future, I'll definitely buy a bi-fold door instead.