Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] edalerichard@gmail.com is offline

Default Shower enclosure (660mm x 1200mm) - Desperate pls

On Oct 29, 3:11 pm, Lobster wrote:
wrote:
I have tried several companies to obtain quotes for a 660mm x 1200mm
shower enclosure. Unfortunately the room has to be that width (660mm)
for the shower tray. I tried to get a few quotes (3) in total and all
are coming up with a cost of £1000 pounds. I am astonished i cant get
something of this size for a reasonable price.

As a last ditch attempt, can anyone advise alternatives. The
constraint is it must be 660mm width (670 would probably be ok).

Can you just explain it in a bit more detail... are you saying you
already have a tray, and need to buy an enclosure to fit round that? Or
have you yet to buy an appropriate tray?

What are the physical constraints in the room - eg an alcove?

What sort of enclosure are you looking at - something with a door and
two sides?

David

the narrowest preformed tray I've seen is 760mm , and that feels
claustrophic. So can we assume you are fitting a tiled floor with
drain? From memory I think the return panel of a standard enclosure
is held by self tappers , not welded.If this is the case a 1200x760
enclosure frame could be cut down and a new glass of
600-670mm)safety glass bought form a glaziers.