Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower enclosure (660mm x 1200mm) - Desperate pls

Hello,

I am literally tearing my hair out. I am looking to replace my current
shower enclosure/tray but cant find a replacement for it. because of
the size of the room it has to be 660mm (x 1200mm length) wide not the
usual 760mm. The current shower enclosure is this size but i have no
idea where it was sourced and cant see any marking to tell me.

Really appreciated any pointers (i have tried mfi/wickes/internet/
plumbing shops).

Mamood

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 8, 2:05 pm, "Steven Campbell" spam@way wrote:

On 2007-08-08,
wrote:
Hello,

I am literally tearing my hair out. I am looking to replace my current
shower enclosure/tray but cant find a replacement for it. because of
the size of the room it has to be 660mm (x 1200mm length) wide not the
usual 760mm. The current shower enclosure is this size but i have no
idea where it was sourced and cant see any marking to tell me.

Really appreciated any pointers (i have tried mfi/wickes/internet/
plumbing shops).

A Google for "made to measure shower enclosures" yields 180,000 hits...

Must be something up with my Google as it yields 4 for me from UK pages. 2
of which are the same company.

You put the quotes in the search box, didn't you? Without the quotes,
but restricted to the UK, the search does indeed yield about 180,000.
(Leaving off the quotes enables it to find "we also offer a made-to-
measure service for creating custom shower enclosures"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 8, 11:47 am, wrote:
Hello,

I am literally tearing my hair out. I am looking to replace my current
shower enclosure/tray but cant find a replacement for it. because of
the size of the room it has to be 660mm (x 1200mm length) wide not the
usual 760mm. The current shower enclosure is this size but i have no
idea where it was sourced and cant see any marking to tell me.

Really appreciated any pointers (i have tried mfi/wickes/internet/
plumbing shops).

Mamood

Is there space for a 700mm one, once you allow for the overlap of
tiles etc? This is a more standard size, so will be easier to get.

For instance, Just Trays make a 1200 x 700 tray - http://www.just-trays.co.uk/jtspecs.pdf
Lots of companies do 700mm enclosures.

If you don't quite have space for a 700mm, a 700mm enclosure will
still work - they have a fair bit of adjustment in them (usually about
660mm - 725mm as far as I remember). All you need then is a custom
shower tray - much cheaper than getting the whole lot custom made.

Novellini do a decent range of 700mm doors and some smaller eg:
http://www.novellini.com/Nov05/tech_...cath=1-354-359

I can't remember the name of the company I've seen for custom trays,
but if you get stuck, I'll try and find it.

Shower enclosure JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com Home Repair 3 December 29th 06 12:25 AM
shower enclosure John G UK diy 0 February 22nd 06 12:23 PM
Shower enclosure Stinkoman UK diy 1 April 17th 05 04:35 PM
Tiling Shower Enclosure Chris Allmark UK diy 7 October 5th 04 12:40 AM