Peter Richardson

Default Underfloor Heating

Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

We offer a free and no obligation design / quotation service for
electric underfloor heating.

So please feel free to forward any details and we will provide a
design / quotation within 24 hours.

We currently have some special offers, to celebrate the introduction
of Elektra underfloor heating products to the UK.

Elektra have operated in Europe for many years

We can email you a copy of our price list / order form, special offer
promotions and Equiry form, if you so desire

If you would like to receive some literature on our products including
a manual on how to install heating mat or cable, please advise us of
your name and address and we will post details to you.

We thank you for taking the time to read this message

Why not check out our products ar www.pedarsonheating.com, where you
will soon be able to buy online.

Warm Regards,

Peter Richardson
Director

Pedarson Heating
Pedarson House
1 Post Office Lane
Old Martlesham
Woodbridge
Suffolk
IP12 4RQ

email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

fred

In article , Peter Richardson
writes
Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

Advert snipped

Peter Richardson
Director

email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

Sorry mate, this is a no advertising group, please don't spam here again. If you
fancy contributing in some other way then you are welcome.

Please see the uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Abuse report sent to your site host (webfusion) and news provider (claranet).
--
fred
IMM

Shame that electric underfloor heating is completely useless and a waste
of money to run

In a superinsulated houses it begins to make sense as you woud use it so
little. The capital cost then is so low that the usage is justified.

---

geoff

In message , fred writes
In article , Peter Richardson
writes
Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

Advert snipped

Peter Richardson
Director

email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

Sorry mate, this is a no advertising group, please don't spam here
again. If you
fancy contributing in some other way then you are welcome.

Please see the uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Abuse report sent to your site host (webfusion) and news provider (claranet).

Please email me details to do the same - 7 bloody articles
--
geoff

Colin Wilson

www.pedarsonheating.com
Please email me details to do the same - 7 bloody articles

If you go to newnet.co.uk and do a search on the domain it will give you
his regular email address (I posted it in uk.media.dvd I think) - with
any luck, mentioning that on here a few times will get him spammed to
hell and back :-p

My email address has "btiruseless" and @btinternet.com in it ;-)
IMM

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Peter Richardson
writes
Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

Advert snipped

Peter Richardson
Director

email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

Sorry mate, this is a no advertising group, please don't spam here again.

If you
fancy contributing in some other way then you are welcome.

Please see the uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Abuse report sent to your site host (webfusion) and news provider

(claranet).

That's a bit strong isn't it?

---

fred

In article , geoff writes
In message , fred writes
In article , Peter Richardson
writes
Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

Advert snipped

Peter Richardson
Director

email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

Sorry mate, this is a no advertising group, please don't spam here
again. If you
fancy contributing in some other way then you are welcome.

Please see the uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Abuse report sent to your site host (webfusion) and news provider (claranet).

Please email me details to do the same - 7 bloody articles

I wasn't going to at first, thinking newbie indiscretion, but forte agent, own website &
separate news provider do not a clueless newbie make . . . .

Feel free to copy mine:

To: ,
From: fred
Subject: Abuse report against webfusion/clara net client

Abuse report against webfusion/clara net client
Site host: Webfusion
Posting host: Clara Net
Full headers below

Hi,

The owner of
www.pederson.com/www.pedersonheating.com is posting multiple
commercial advertisements in newsgroup uk.d-i-y (and others) contrary to the
posted faq for that group http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/#can

If you could discourage this user from this kind of activity I would be
obliged.

Sample headers are attached.

Thanks,

Fred

spam1 body (contact details)
Peter Richardson
Director
Pedarson Heating
Pedarson House
1 Post Office Lane
Old Martlesham
Woodbridge
Suffolk
IP12 4RQ
email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

spam1
From: Peter Richardson
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Underfloor Heating
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:59:32 +0100

spam2
From: Peter Richardson
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Conservatory Heating
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:02:25 +0100

spam3
From: Peter Richardson
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Kitchen Heating
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:02:37 +0100

spam4
From: Peter Richardson
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Bathroom heating
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:02:49 +0100

spam5
From: Peter Richardson
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Efficient Heating
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:03:03 +0100

spam6
From: Peter Richardson
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Special Offers
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:06:38 +0100
RichardS

"IMM" wrote in message

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Peter

Richardson
writes
Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

Advert snipped

Peter Richardson
Director

email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

Sorry mate, this is a no advertising group, please don't spam here

again.
If you
fancy contributing in some other way then you are welcome.

Please see the uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Abuse report sent to your site host (webfusion) and news provider

(claranet).

That's a bit strong isn't it?

Not for seven deliberate advertisements without even reference to the fact
in the title, it's not.

Don't ever recall having seen the OP contribute to any discussions here in
the past.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Peter Richardson
writes
Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

Advert snipped

Peter Richardson
Director

email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

Sorry mate, this is a no advertising group, please don't spam here again.

If you
fancy contributing in some other way then you are welcome.

Please see the uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Abuse report sent to your site host (webfusion) and news provider

(claranet).

That's a bit strong isn't it?

It's commercial posting

there were 7 sent which I saw

You've been in uk-diy long enough to know that commercial posting gets a
robust response
--
geoff

BigWallop

"IMM" wrote in message

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Peter

Richardson
writes
Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

Advert snipped

Peter Richardson
Director

email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

Sorry mate, this is a no advertising group, please don't spam here

again.
If you
fancy contributing in some other way then you are welcome.

Please see the uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Abuse report sent to your site host (webfusion) and news provider

(claranet).

That's a bit strong isn't it?

Would it be to strong if I started telling everyone that you should shop at
only one store in every single reply I made to the group ?

It's commercial advertising and the poster knows it. If they can't afford
to advertise properly, then the company stinks and the product is probably
over priced cheap, nasty gunk.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Peter Richardson

To all,

I apologise for posting details of the underfloor heating we sell.

I didn't realise it would cause so much upset.

I personally and my company are against spam, and do not and will not
ever send unsolicited emails.

Contary to some of the messages, we do advertise properly (see google)
and our products are very high quality.

Sorry, once again. We will never post adverts again.

Thank You,

Peter Richardson
IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , Peter

Richardson
writes
[...]

A robust response does not mean reporting someone to their ISP. That is a
last resort.

---

PoP

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:34:48 +0100, Peter Richardson
wrote:

I apologise for posting details of the underfloor heating we sell.

I didn't realise it would cause so much upset.

Peter,
For what it is worth (not much) I didn't take exception to your
posting what you did. Okay, so it wasn't of much interest to me, but
it seemed "generally" on topic for this forum. The ones I really have
a problem with are the adverts which are totally unrelated to DIY
matters.

Just as an aside, you could potentially get your message across with
some "free" advertising here if you responded to others, and put a
short description and URL in your signature line. No-one that I'm
aware of objects to these fairly trivial sig lines (so long as they
don't exceed about 4 lines max), and the purpose of this forum is
people helping each other with information.

I'm not sure, but I think you are also okay if someone asks a question
and you respond to say that your company can help with that. Address
the problem but don't turn it into a sales pitch.

Anyway, I know the charter for this group excludes advertising (I
wholly support that) and for persistent offenders it really should be
confronted. First time "offenders" just need a polite reminder and
that was what happened here. No need to feel embarassed!

PoP

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"IMM" writes:

Shame that electric underfloor heating is completely useless and a waste
of money to run

In a superinsulated houses it begins to make sense as you woud use it so
little. The capital cost then is so low that the usage is justified.

For someone so keen on high efficiency heating, your sudden defense
of just about the lowest efficiency heating you could use is rather
remarkable.

--
Andrew Gabriel

IMM

wrote:

[...]

A few companies respond here, but don't directly do a sales pitch. It all
amounts to the same thing really. Hepworth respond when they see they can
help with technical matters. No one objects as they merely assist people.
They are respected as they assist people freely.

There have been some threads on UFH heating recently. Any maker assisting
in "objective" clarity, not getting into an argument or not blindly saying
that UFH has no vices when we all know it has, would not be frowned upon.

---

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

Shame that electric underfloor heating is completely useless and a waste
of money to run

In a superinsulated houses it begins to make sense as you woud use it so
little. The capital cost then is so low that the usage is justified.

In a suoer insulated house we would all die from the smell of your farts
long before recouping any financial outlay.

---

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

"fred" wrote in message ...

In article , Peter Richardson
writes

Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

Advert snipped

Peter Richardson
Director

email:
Tel: 01394 386164
Fax: 01394 385752
web:
www.pedarsonheating.com

Sorry mate, this is a no advertising group, please don't spam here again.

If you

fancy contributing in some other way then you are welcome.

Please see the uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/

Abuse report sent to your site host (webfusion) and news provider

(claranet).

That's a bit strong isn't it?

Yeah. Just sign him up for a few pedophile sites and tell the fuzz. :-)

---

IMM

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"IMM" writes:

Shame that electric underfloor heating is
completely useless and a waste
of money to run

In a superinsulated houses it begins to
make sense as you woud use it so
little. The capital cost then is so low
that the usage is justified.

For someone so keen on high efficiency
heating, your sudden defense
of just about the lowest efficiency heating
you could use is rather remarkable.

This is in a remarkable situation - a superinsulated house. The figures add
up. There will be a long payback period and after that it is "comparatively"
expensive to run compared to a wet UFH system and a gas condensing boiler.
But, as it is used so infrequently the bills will still be very small. Also
with electricity, you don't need an annual service. Services calls when
things brake down, but no service, So it may all equal out over the year.

What you save by not installing a full wet heating system can be put into
the insulation costs.

BTW, is there a dc version of electric UFH, so roof PV cells can be used
directly on the elements with inverters?

While on PV cells. Alternative, with high capital cost, is a normal wet UFH
system, fed from a large thermalstore/heat bank. Use roof PV cells to heat
dc immersion elements in the water store. The thermal store will "store
energy" for use in DHW and UFH.

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

Shame that electric underfloor heating is completely useless and a waste
of money to run

In a superinsulated houses it begins to make sense as you woud use it so
little. The capital cost then is so low that the usage is justified.

In a suoer insulated house we would all die from the smell of your farts
long before recouping any financial outlay.

Any figures back your faith?

---

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

Shame that electric underfloor heating is completely useless and a waste
of money to run

In a superinsulated houses it begins to make sense as you woud use it so
little. The capital cost then is so low that the usage is justified.

In a suoer insulated house we would all die from the smell of your farts
long before recouping any financial outlay.

Any figures back your faith?

Sure. I read it in a glossy manufactures brochure somewhere.

---

Owain

"Peter Richardson" wrote in message
| Pedarson Heating distributors of Elektra Underfloor Heating

I make that 6 postings, all under different headings, within 5 minutes.

Mmmm, tempting.

"Pedarson - set fire to your children" does have a certain ring about it,
though.

Owain

RichardS

"Peter Richardson" wrote in message

To all,

I apologise for posting details of the underfloor heating we sell.

I didn't realise it would cause so much upset.

I personally and my company are against spam, and do not and will not
ever send unsolicited emails.

Contary to some of the messages, we do advertise properly (see google)
and our products are very high quality.

Sorry, once again. We will never post adverts again.

Thank You,

Peter Richardson

Unsolicited advertising does, as you've just found out, upset folks. We've
a very good signal-to-noise ratio for posts in this NG (incl spam, trolls
and offensive posting) and we'd really like to keep it that way. Thanks for
the apology though.

As you have noticed, such topics as UF heating do come up from time to
time - if you've got something to contribute then please do! A 4 or 5 line
sig at the end of a useful response is probably as good advertising as you
can get - people will investigate your products if they think that you know
your stuff.

A couple of other inhabitants of this place use similar strategies and
they're generally welcomed - Max Bone and Hepworth Plumbing for example -
mostly because they are able to give useful and informative responses to
questions that people post.

cheers
Richard

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"IMM" writes:

BTW, is there a dc version of electric UFH, so roof PV cells can be used
directly on the elements with inverters?

You would be nuts because PV cells are so horribly inefficient.
You would do much better to take the thermal heat from a collector
and use that, with a heat pump if necessary, and a wet UFH system
(possibly the condensor of the heat pump).
I haven't done the calculations, but there may be better sources
to pump heat from that a sunlight collector, which isn't going to
be working all that well just when you need it.

While on PV cells. Alternative, with high capital cost, is a normal wet UFH
system, fed from a large thermalstore/heat bank. Use roof PV cells to heat
dc immersion elements in the water store. The thermal store will "store
energy" for use in DHW and UFH.

Again, avoid conversion of sunlight to electricity. Most of
the Sun's energy is lost at that stage. Collect and use the
heat directly.

--
Andrew Gabriel

IMM

"IMM" writes:

[...]

Best use normal wet solar panels and a large thermal store with "very low"
temp UFH. Thee again a high capital cost. But, using very low temp UFH the
solar panels could heat the UFH on cloudy days.

For a superinsulated house the best is a Mechanical Heat Recovery System,
with the ducts made larger and a use either an electric or coiled wet duct
heater battery. A superinsulated house does not require a full heating
system, so providing heat via a heat/vent duct system makes sense.

---

geoff

In message , IMM
writes

Shame that electric underfloor heating is completely useless and a

waste
of money to run

In a superinsulated houses it begins to make sense as you woud use it

so
little. The capital cost then is so low that the usage is justified.

In a suoer insulated house we would all die from the smell of your farts
long before recouping any financial outlay.

Any figures back your faith?

Sure. I read it in a glossy manufactures brochure somewhere.

I thought so.

What a waste of irony

--
geoff
geoff

In message , Peter
Richardson writes

To all,

I apologise for posting details of the underfloor heating we sell.

I didn't realise it would cause so much upset.

I personally and my company are against spam, and do not and will not
ever send unsolicited emails.

Contary to some of the messages, we do advertise properly (see google)
and our products are very high quality.

Sorry, once again. We will never post adverts again.

One of the rules of this NG which is strongly enforced is NO COMMERCIAL
POSTING.

This is because if it was allowed, this NG would deteriorate into a mass
of adverts even if they were all DIY related.

It wasn't just one advert either, it was seven, so Peter take note, look
before you leap. If you wanted to post an advert, you should have asked
if it was acceptable policy. I hope you understand

Thank you for your apology, and do feel free to contribute in this NG
--
geoff
IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

Shame that electric underfloor heating is completely useless and a

waste
of money to run

In a superinsulated houses it begins to make sense as you woud use

it
so
little. The capital cost then is so low that the usage is

justified.

In a suoer insulated house we would all die from the smell of your

farts
long before recouping any financial outlay.

Any figures back your faith?

Sure. I read it in a glossy manufactures brochure somewhere.

I thought so.

What a waste of irony

Any old irony?

---