IMM

Default Underfloor Heating

"PoP" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:34:48 +0100, Peter Richardson
wrote:

I apologise for posting details of the underfloor heating we sell.

I didn't realise it would cause so much upset.

Peter,
For what it is worth (not much) I didn't take exception to your
posting what you did. Okay, so it wasn't of much interest to me, but
it seemed "generally" on topic for this forum. The ones I really have
a problem with are the adverts which are totally unrelated to DIY
matters.

Just as an aside, you could potentially get your message across with
some "free" advertising here if you responded to others, and put a
short description and URL in your signature line. No-one that I'm
aware of objects to these fairly trivial sig lines (so long as they
don't exceed about 4 lines max), and the purpose of this forum is
people helping each other with information.

I'm not sure, but I think you are also okay if someone asks a question
and you respond to say that your company can help with that. Address
the problem but don't turn it into a sales pitch.

Anyway, I know the charter for this group excludes advertising (I
wholly support that) and for persistent offenders it really should be
confronted. First time "offenders" just need a polite reminder and
that was what happened here. No need to feel embarassed!

A few companies respond here, but don't directly do a sales pitch. It all
amounts to the same thing really. Hepworth respond when they see they can
help with technical matters. No one objects as they merely assist people.
They are respected as they assist people freely.

There have been some threads on UFH heating recently. Any maker assisting
in "objective" clarity, not getting into an argument or not blindly saying
that UFH has no vices when we all know it has, would not be frowned upon.

---