Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Grunff

Default What constitutes reasonable wear (cordless drill)

I bought an 18v Erbauer drill from Screwfix about 15 months ago.
It has been a superb tool. I've used it almost every weekend for
the past 15 months.

It's recently developed significant play, not in the chuck, but
in the motor-case mounting. I can't see anything broken, looks
like it has just worn loose.

When I bought it I paid ~£160, and it's now available for £140.

Other than this play, the drill still performs perfectly. I
don't think I've abused the drill, and I don't think it's been
dropped hard. It has had a lot of heavy use.

My dilemma is this - given that I've had lots of use from it,
can I reasonably expect it to be repaired/replaced under the two
year warranty?

I'm not asking whether they would - there's only one way of
finding that out. I'm asking if I would be reasonable to ask,
it's kind of an ethical thing. I don't believe in taking the
**** with my suppliers.

So, what do you think? How long should a £150+ cordless drill
last with heavy use?

TIA

--
Grunff

drilling steel? Dave UK diy 26 October 29th 03 03:03 PM
SDS Drill Bit Life Rob UK diy 9 July 21st 03 07:47 PM
Another toolkit question Andrew McKay UK diy 32 July 15th 03 12:15 AM