Default What constitutes reasonable wear (cordless drill)

In uk.d-i-y, Grunff wrote:
I bought an 18v Erbauer drill from Screwfix about 15 months ago.
It has been a superb tool. I've used it almost every weekend for
the past 15 months.

So, definitely not heavy Trade use, though it's pretty much a premium
price item (150 quid, right)? And it's not been kicked about, carried
in the bottom of overladen cloth toolbags, or the like.

My dilemma is this - given that I've had lots of use from it,
can I reasonably expect it to be repaired/replaced under the two
year warranty?

I'm not asking whether they would - there's only one way of
finding that out. I'm asking if I would be reasonable to ask,
it's kind of an ethical thing. I don't believe in taking the
**** with my suppliers.

I think for an Erbauer at that price it's reasonable to ask (but
would be unreasonable to raise an enormous fuss if they turn you
down). For a Ferm it'd be taking the Michael; for a Makita, Atlas
Copco, or similar with the "less than a couple of days a week"
usage and kind treatment it'd definitely be a premature failure.

HTH, YMMV, OITMMBCTTA, etc - Stefek