Default What constitutes reasonable wear (cordless drill)

In uk.d-i-y, Andy Hall wrote:

On the web site, and the catalogue, they use the description "high
performing". I think that that would be good enough for me to
invoke the warranty. If this were a ??50 job, maybe not, but at ??140
I would expect more.

And further strengthening GrVIPunff's case ;-), I note that the front cover
of the current (vol. 71) Screwfix cat has a flash reading: "CHECK OUT -
LOWEST PRICES - for - PROFESSIONAL POWER TOOLS" followed by 4 logos:
Bosch, Erbauer, DeWalt, Makita. Which shows their own advertising places
the Erbauer in the same sort of bracket as those other brands - so a
polite invocation of the 2-year guarantee seems justified.

HTHSM, Stefek

(As an aside - me, I prefer a lighter less-to-go-wrong non-hammer cordless
(or two ;-), leaving heavier duties to corded drills. I've accumulated both
a "normal" B&D which hangs by the bench, close to the vice, and spends much
time drilling through metal at lowish speeds, and a fair bit of time in
one of those vertical stands (yeah, I've not yet succumbed to a dedicated
pillar drill ;-) and sees very little of its hammer action since the
arrival of the 'cuts through concrete and masonry like a normal twist drill
through softwood' SDS. Sure, if you're only going to get one drill, a
cordless combi is probably the nicest thing all round; and if your
property has whole wings/floors where the 'lectric has yet to reach the
attractions of cordless increase. But for my situation at least, separation
of duties allows each tool to be bought to be closer to "just right" for
a narrower range of tasks, rather than just "usable" across a broad range.)