Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 60kg hanging 26" from the wall - what anchor to use :-)

Hi,
I'm about to mount a 30Kg Arm on a brick wall with a 34Kg Plasma screen
hanging off the end of it. The arm can extend to 26" so clearly there's
going to be enough torque to open up a new door between my neighbour
and I (it is a cavity wall so no danger of me drilling through next
doors family portrait)

I'm bit unsure about which fixing to use. Shield anchors or Sleeve
anchors look like they'll do the job but one concern I have is putting
too many of those in might cause the brick to disintegrate. It's an
1860 build with stone outer wall...I'm pretty damm sure it'll be brick
behind the plaster on the inner wall as other walls have been - will be
checking that this week..)

Anyone have any thoughts on the best type and size for this sort of job
? Theoretically I can get 7 bolts on the top edge and 7 on the bottom
but after drilling those out, I doubt there'll be much Brick left to
anchor into ! (the mount hols are about 4.25" apart).

http://www.premiermounts.co.uk/PartD...AM3_Rev03_.pdf