Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dougie Nisbet

Default "Neptune Wall Wash" wall lights from B&Q

I've just put a couple of those lights up. If you're thinking about
getting them, or any of the ceramic types in the range, watch out when
you fit them because they're very easy to crack. I've cracked both of
mine. User Error (especially the one where I stood up and hit it with my
head) but they are VERY easy to crack when you screw the fixture to the
wall. If I was doing it again I'd make sure I used a very long shafted
screwdriver as the screw holes are slightly below the level of the top,
and even if you take great care not to overtighten (as I thought I was
doing) they seem very susceptible to cracking at the far left and right
of the fixture where it starts to curve down.

I was tempted to take them back but I couldn't put my hand on heart and
say it was poor product. Anyway, it was quicker to fix it with Superglue
than drive back to B&Q. If you've just bought these or are thinking
about it, remember to use a delicate touch.

Dougie