Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default 60kg hanging 26" from the wall - what anchor to use :-)

"Antix" wrote in message
oups.com...
yeah, saw those on screwfix but don't quite understand how you use
them...There's the resin, you pump that in the hole, but what 'fixing'
do you use ? Those resin studs worry me...you just push them in and
hope the resin grabs the thread of the stud ? how do you know if the
brick hasn't soaked up all the resin too quickly to have anything left
to grip the stud by the time you get it in the hole ?

maybe I'm missing something very basic here :-)

The resin is more like Araldite than water - the bricks won't soak it up in
the way you're thinking. (Consider these questions: How do walls get built?
Don't the bricks soak up all the cement?)

cheers,
clive