Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

Default 60kg hanging 26" from the wall - what anchor to use :-)

Antix wrote:
Thanks Roger,
what advantage (in terms of load capacity) would a masonry screw have
over some sort of expanding bolt ? My asumption is that something I
stick in the hole that then expands in a sort of conical fashion will
be more tricky to pull out than something that relies on a thread (I'm
worried the thread will just cut through the brick under load)..

Ant.

what diameter of which type of fixing does the manual recommend using ?

... 5/16th so 8mm .. go to 10mm for safety and fit four of these

as described in the manual. make sure you use a quality drill to
avoid reaming the holes out - let the drill do the work and buy a
new masonry drill bit - pirhana from B&D are ok and give a clean
cut - might be worth chiseling a bit of plaster off to see where
your bricks are in relation to the mortar and mark up roughly
where the centre of the bricks are. don't overtighten the bolts.