Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Raised curb - permission ?

I was speaking to the local builder about coping with the water coming
off the very minor road I live on into my parking area and garden. I
have a good relationship with this guy who keeps all his materials in a
big shed I keep an eye on. He is about to put a tarmac area round his
shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham wrote:
I was speaking to the local builder about coping with the water coming
off the very minor road I live on into my parking area and garden. I
have a good relationship with this guy who keeps all his materials in a
big shed I keep an eye on. He is about to put a tarmac area round his
shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Rob

I think it would all have to be on your land as the road belongs to the
county highways authority who won't take kindly to modifications. If
you damage it, they are likely to sue for the cost of putting it back as
it was. If the run off won't do any damage elsewhere I can't see a problem.

john2

Posted to uk.d-i-y

shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Is the land definitely yours? Does the verge form part of the public
highway?

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christian McArdle wrote:
shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Is the land definitely yours? Does the verge form part of the public
highway?

Christian.

Chances are they will not notice.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message . com,
robgraham writes
I was speaking to the local builder about coping with the water coming
off the very minor road I live on into my parking area and garden. I
have a good relationship with this guy who keeps all his materials in a
big shed I keep an eye on. He is about to put a tarmac area round his
shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Why don't you ask the local authority

--
geoff