DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Raised curb - permission ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/175893-raised-curb-permission.html)

robgraham September 14th 06 01:38 PM

Raised curb - permission ?

I was speaking to the local builder about coping with the water coming
off the very minor road I live on into my parking area and garden. I
have a good relationship with this guy who keeps all his materials in a
big shed I keep an eye on. He is about to put a tarmac area round his
shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Rob

john2 September 14th 06 01:58 PM

Raised curb - permission ?

robgraham wrote:
I was speaking to the local builder about coping with the water coming
off the very minor road I live on into my parking area and garden. I
have a good relationship with this guy who keeps all his materials in a
big shed I keep an eye on. He is about to put a tarmac area round his
shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Rob

I think it would all have to be on your land as the road belongs to the
county highways authority who won't take kindly to modifications. If
you damage it, they are likely to sue for the cost of putting it back as
it was. If the run off won't do any damage elsewhere I can't see a problem.

john2

Christian McArdle September 14th 06 01:58 PM

Raised curb - permission ?

shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Is the land definitely yours? Does the verge form part of the public
highway?

Christian.

Broadback September 14th 06 05:46 PM

Raised curb - permission ?

Christian McArdle wrote:
shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Is the land definitely yours? Does the verge form part of the public
highway?

Christian.

Chances are they will not notice.

raden September 15th 06 01:08 AM

Raised curb - permission ?

In message . com,
robgraham writes
I was speaking to the local builder about coping with the water coming
off the very minor road I live on into my parking area and garden. I
have a good relationship with this guy who keeps all his materials in a
big shed I keep an eye on. He is about to put a tarmac area round his
shed and has offered to solve my drainage problem by putting in a 2"
curb along the road edge (on my ground) and infilling behind it to keep
the road water on the road.

Is this likley to require local authority permission ?

Why don't you ask the local authority

--
geoff