Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Central Heater: water constantly running

Hi All

I've got a problem with my central heating/ hot water.

It's a setup that I imagine is fairly common to newish houses, gas boiler in
the kitchen and thermal store upstairs (well - it was moved in to the loft a
few months ago)

I can hear water running through the system constantly -24x7- and I am at
somewhat of a loss. I've just turned down the speed of the pumps which has
quietened it down but I think that's just masking it?

The central heating side of it is turned off. The boiler fires every 23 mins
or so then goes for a few minutes before shutting down , I assume to keep
the water hot.

A quick googles suggest something about excess hot water being pumped
through the radiators.

Everything else appears OK. When the system was moved, it was 'simply' a
case of cutting pipes and extending them to fit the new position in the
loft. I was prepared perhaps for a little extra noise when system is on, but
not this.. could this have any bearing on it?

Any clues people?

water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers water coolers UK diy 3 January 5th 06 08:23 PM
Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 10:51 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM