Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Chaplin Colin Chaplin is offline

Default Central Heater: water constantly running

Hi All

I've got a problem with my central heating/ hot water.

Any clues people?

Complete guess but possibly with the higher position of the cylinder the
expansion pipe more readily vents to the tank, therefore that water is not
there after contraction and the header cistern fills the system and refils
itself from the mains, which is what you can hear?

When you say 24x7 do you mean whilst the heating is on, otherwise my guess
will be wrong.

I don't think the heatings been on since it's been moved, so the answer to
your question is no

Bizarely, the noise of moving water is most noticable in the toilet - the
cupboard containing the store was immediately next door, so the pipes now
extend through the roof. As all the 6 or so pipes are in close proximity,
it's hard to tell which one contains the running water.

Thanks for your time.