Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Squeeze-bottle with syringe needle in cap?

Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in the UK:
http://heinc.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html ?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

Thanks,

Al D
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Al Deveron" wrote in message

Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in the UK:
http://heinc.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html ?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

How do you accurately measure the ink volume using one of those? Besides
which blunt needles are not good for inserting into the cartridge - you need
at least a partial facet on the tip.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Al Deveron
writes

Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in the UK:
http://heinc.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html ?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

Well, IIRC, RS sell such a beast

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Al Deveron wrote:
Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in the UK:
http://heinc.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html ?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

You get them with inkjet refilling kits. ;-)

I use the old ones as oil droppers.

--
*I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Al Deveron wrote:
Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in the UK:
http://heinc.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html ?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

Thanks,

Al D

most inkjet refill kits

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in the UK:
http://heinc.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html ?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

Thanks,

Al D

You can always buy a syringe at your local chemist. I think I paid 20p for
one a couple of years ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:19:49 GMT, raden wrote:

Well, IIRC, RS sell such a beast

Thanks... but RS? Who is that?

Al D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Al Deveron wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:19:49 GMT, raden wrote:

Well, IIRC, RS sell such a beast

Thanks... but RS? Who is that?

Radio Spares, as was.
http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/home.do?cacheID=ukie&returningUser=N

Usually more expensive than others and don't like small orders
(excessive P&P).

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:53:07 +0100, "Pinot Grigio" someone@somewhere
wrote:

You can always buy a syringe at your local chemist. I think I paid 20p for
one a couple of years ago.

That is true, but then you have to wash out the syringe each time you
use it. My plan is to have 4 of the aforementioned squeeze bottles
filled with each colour of ink. No cleaning involved.

Al D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Al Deveron wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:19:49 GMT, raden wrote:

Well, IIRC, RS sell such a beast

Thanks... but RS? Who is that?

Radio Spares, as was.
http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/home.do?cacheID=ukie&returningUser=N

Usually more expensive than others and don't like small orders
(excessive P&P).

MBQ

Oops, perhaps just http://rswww.com would be better.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

You can always buy a syringe at your local chemist. I think I paid 20p for
one a couple of years ago.

That is true, but then you have to wash out the syringe each time you
use it. My plan is to have 4 of the aforementioned squeeze bottles
filled with each colour of ink. No cleaning involved.

Errr, use 4 syringes? One for each colour.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Aug 2006 04:30:59 -0700, wrote:

Oops, perhaps just
http://rswww.com would be better.

Thank you. Unfortunately the only similiar product that I could find
at their site was a discontinued item. And it didn't have the syringe
needle projecting from the cap.

Al D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:32:12 +0100, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

http://heinc.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html ?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

How do you accurately measure the ink volume using one of those?

I don't, is the quick answer.

Besides
which blunt needles are not good for inserting into the cartridge - you need
at least a partial facet on the tip.

Not in my case.

Al D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Aug 2006 04:32:36 -0700, wrote:

Errr, use 4 syringes? One for each colour.

Yes; that is my alternative (second choice) method. Slight risk of
ink residues drying inside the syringe, though...

Al D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:46:31 +0100, Al Deveron
wrote:

Yes; that is my alternative (second choice) method. Slight risk of
ink residues drying inside the syringe, though...

PS - and, most syringes don't hold as much ink as, say, a 125ml poly
bottle. I am trying to minimise the fiddly stuff because I am
constantly having to refill, doing large print runs (2,000 sheets
etc.)

Al D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Yes; that is my alternative (second choice) method. Slight risk of
ink residues drying inside the syringe, though...

PS - and, most syringes don't hold as much ink as, say, a 125ml poly
bottle. I am trying to minimise the fiddly stuff because I am
constantly having to refill, doing large print runs (2,000 sheets
etc.)

I think you need a different printer technology. Doesn't it cost a
fortune to feed an ink jet for that kind of volume. How do you find the
quality of refill ink as opposed to branded?

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:45:21 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Err... colour laser?

It is my impression that colour laser printing costs more, when you
factor in the cost of the printer as well as the toner and drum
replacements. I buy inkjet ink in bulk quantities.

Or if this is 2000 copies of the same original, offset-litho starts
getting affordable for those quanitities.

I did look into all this a few years back, and find I am still using
my refillable inkjet printer, so I guess I found it to be cheaper
an/or more convenient. It is slow, but that doesn't bother me.

Al D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

surname here.uk.com wrote:

http://heinc.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html ?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

How do you accurately measure the ink volume using one of those?

I don't, is the quick answer.

You must like being covered in ink. Some cartridges only take a couple of
millilitres of ink.

Besides
which blunt needles are not good for inserting into the cartridge - you
need
at least a partial facet on the tip.

Not in my case.

Being in the business of cartridge supply, we do quite a few refills every
day and our experience is that the ideal tool for inserting into sponges is
a proper hypodermic needle, which we buy in bulk. However, the refill kit
manufacturers shy away from them, because of liability issues in the USA.
The result was a trial with blunt needles, which proved to be a serious
error and they now use half-pointed ones, which seem to do the trick.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Al Deveron
writes
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:19:49 GMT, raden wrote:

Well, IIRC, RS sell such a beast

Thanks... but RS? Who is that?

They're in the FAQ

They are also the first hit if you type "RS" into google

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Al Deveron
writes
On 16 Aug 2006 04:30:59 -0700, wrote:

Oops, perhaps just
http://rswww.com would be better.

Thank you. Unfortunately the only similiar product that I could find
at their site was a discontinued item. And it didn't have the syringe
needle projecting from the cap.

Well a syringe can be found at

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/se...s=sObs&name=Si
teStandard&No=0&N=0&Ntk=I18NAll&Ntt=514-717&Nty=1&D=514-717&callingPage=/
@ @@@&BV_Engin
eID=ccckaddiiejdljjcefeceefdffhdgmo.0&cacheID=ukne tscape&Nr=avl:uk

I bought a LDPE bottle with a syringe needle last year - go hunt

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Al Deveron
writes
wrote:

Yes; that is my alternative (second choice) method. Slight risk of
ink residues drying inside the syringe, though...

PS - and, most syringes don't hold as much ink as, say, a 125ml poly
bottle. I am trying to minimise the fiddly stuff because I am
constantly having to refill, doing large print runs (2,000 sheets
etc.)

Get a a laser printer then

Printer cartridges don't last forever either

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Err... colour laser?

It is my impression that colour laser printing costs more, when you
factor in the cost of the printer as well as the toner and drum
replacements. I buy inkjet ink in bulk quantities.

Or if this is 2000 copies of the same original, offset-litho starts
getting affordable for those quanitities.

I did look into all this a few years back, and find I am still using
my refillable inkjet printer, so I guess I found it to be cheaper
an/or more convenient. It is slow, but that doesn't bother me.

Al D

Why not use a bulk feed system ?

Regards Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:11:40 +0100, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

You must like being covered in ink. Some cartridges only take a couple of
millilitres of ink.

Besides
which blunt needles are not good for inserting into the cartridge - you
need
at least a partial facet on the tip.

Not in my case.

Being in the business of cartridge supply, we do quite a few refills every
day and our experience is that the ideal tool for inserting into sponges is
a proper hypodermic needle, which we buy in bulk. However, the refill kit
manufacturers shy away from them, because of liability issues in the USA.
The result was a trial with blunt needles, which proved to be a serious
error and they now use half-pointed ones, which seem to do the trick.

Colin Bignell

Well, Colin... considering all the wrong assumptions you have jumped
to about the nature of my printer and its cartridges, I can only say
I'm glad I'm not one of your company's customers! :-]

Al D
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:03:06 +0100, "Jeff"
wrote:

I did look into all this a few years back, and find I am still using
my refillable inkjet printer, so I guess I found it to be cheaper
an/or more convenient. It is slow, but that doesn't bother me.

Al D

Why not use a bulk feed system ?

Regards Jeff

I'm not sure what kind of thing you mean, but will do a search for
them. Thank you.

Al D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:18:14 GMT, raden wrote:

I bought a LDPE bottle with a syringe needle last year - go hunt

I hunted but didn't find ...not via the www, from a UK supplier, that
is. If I don't get lucky soon, I'll probably ahave a go at making my
own syringe-needle bottle caps out of the caps on the ink bottles I
have.

In which case, all I need now, is a small number of blunt wide-bore
syringe needles, like the ones some of the refill-ink companies supply
with their syringes. Hopefully I can find someone who is willing to
sell me three needles only! Anyone help with that one?

Thanks...

Al D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Al Deveron
writes
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:18:14 GMT, raden wrote:

I bought a LDPE bottle with a syringe needle last year - go hunt

I hunted but didn't find ...not via the www, from a UK supplier, that
is. If I don't get lucky soon, I'll probably ahave a go at making my
own syringe-needle bottle caps out of the caps on the ink bottles I
have.

In which case, all I need now, is a small number of blunt wide-bore
syringe needles, like the ones some of the refill-ink companies supply
with their syringes. Hopefully I can find someone who is willing to
sell me three needles only! Anyone help with that one?

You can find them in the RS link I posted yesterday - the pink ones

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I did look into all this a few years back, and find I am still using
my refillable inkjet printer, so I guess I found it to be cheaper
an/or more convenient. It is slow, but that doesn't bother me.

Al D

Why not use a bulk feed system ?

Regards Jeff

I'm not sure what kind of thing you mean, but will do a search for
them. Thank you.

Al D

example :-

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1171

Regards Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Al Deveron" wrote in message
Well, Colin... considering all the wrong assumptions you have jumped
to about the nature of my printer and its cartridges, I can only say
I'm glad I'm not one of your company's customers! :-]

My assumption, not having read your other replies when I posted, was that
anyone with your requirements would have long since installed a bulk feed
system.

Colin Bignell

Sell bottle filling machine for 3 and 5 gallon pure water [email protected] Home Ownership 0 January 9th 06 11:26 AM
Checking for oxygen bottle leaks crb UK diy 13 December 23rd 05 12:04 AM
Bottle imp Sheila Dougall Woodturning 13 December 19th 05 05:00 PM
Modifying a bottle jack for press use Gunner Metalworking 24 March 1st 04 03:28 AM