Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Squeeze-bottle with syringe needle in cap?

"Al Deveron" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:32:12 +0100, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

http://heinc.com/kahnetics/squeezebottles.html ?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

How do you accurately measure the ink volume using one of those?

I don't, is the quick answer.

You must like being covered in ink. Some cartridges only take a couple of
millilitres of ink.

Besides
which blunt needles are not good for inserting into the cartridge - you
need
at least a partial facet on the tip.

Not in my case.

Being in the business of cartridge supply, we do quite a few refills every
day and our experience is that the ideal tool for inserting into sponges is
a proper hypodermic needle, which we buy in bulk. However, the refill kit
manufacturers shy away from them, because of liability issues in the USA.
The result was a trial with blunt needles, which proved to be a serious
error and they now use half-pointed ones, which seem to do the trick.

Colin Bignell