Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Lidl Specials from 29th June

Lots of D-I-Y stuff ...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...20060622.index
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Stuart wrote:
Lots of D-I-Y stuff ...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...20060622.index

Avoid the clamps as they lose their grip.
Generally avoid any hand tools lidl sells. :-)

Pliers set are ok.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:37:41 +0000, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Stuart wrote:
Lots of D-I-Y stuff ...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...20060622.index

Avoid the clamps as they lose their grip.
Generally avoid any hand tools lidl sells. :-)

Pliers set are ok.

Yup, v good
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...s_Set_of_4.ar2

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...t_9_Pieces.ar2
OK but holder doesn't keep them in

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...porter_Set.ar2
rubbish

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...Hand_Torch.ar2
anyone tried these? Any good?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from John Stumbles contains these words:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...Hand_Torch.ar2
anyone tried these? Any good?

Gave my son on for Christmas a couple of years ago. It goes camping with
us and is very reliable. Ideal for kids as they can run it flat without
it mattering.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

John Stumbles wrote:
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...Hand_Torch.ar2
anyone tried these? Any good?

If it's a wind-up, why the battery?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

If it's a wind-up, why the battery?

So you don't have to wind it continually. A minutes winding lasts for ages.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
HLAH

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
John Stumbles wrote:
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...Hand_Torch.ar2
anyone tried these? Any good?

I have a visually identical one bought in a Morrisons garage. Absolutely
excellent bit of kit, not the brightest torch but perfectly adequate for
most tasks and it always works. I may get another couple.

If it's a wind-up, why the battery?

You charge the battery as you wind.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris Bacon wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa..._LED_Hand_Torc
h.ar2
anyone tried these? Any good?

If it's a wind-up, why the battery?

Probably takes over when the wind up genny is near its ending sequence, so
that you don't have to shuffle about looking for it in the dark. lol

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:37:41 +0100, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote
(in article ) :

Stuart wrote:
Lots of D-I-Y stuff ...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...20060622.index

Avoid the clamps as they lose their grip.
Generally avoid any hand tools lidl sells. :-)

Better yet, avoid anything that Lidl sells.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Stuart wrote:
Lots of D-I-Y stuff ...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...20060622.index

Avoid the clamps as they lose their grip.
Generally avoid any hand tools lidl sells. :-)

Better yet, avoid anything that Lidl sells.

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in Aldi two
weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I bought it me
holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-) and the same pliers
set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels at the same price.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 00:50:14 +0100, The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote
(in article ) :

Stuart wrote:
Lots of D-I-Y stuff ...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...20060622.index

Avoid the clamps as they lose their grip.
Generally avoid any hand tools lidl sells. :-)

Better yet, avoid anything that Lidl sells.

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in Aldi two
weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I bought it me
holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-) and the same pliers
set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels at the same price.

You must be easily pleased :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...

Stuart wrote:
Lots of D-I-Y stuff ...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...20060622.index

Avoid the clamps as they lose their grip.
Generally avoid any hand tools lidl sells. :-)

Better yet, avoid anything that Lidl sells.

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in Aldi
two
weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I bought it me
holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-) and the same pliers
set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels at the same price.

Lidl at one time had hand tools: pliers, long nosed, etc for 99p each. They
were the equivalent quality as Stanley which are about £9 a go. I went wild
and bought 5 of them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
HLAH

"Andy Hall" wrote

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in Aldi
two
weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I bought it me
holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-) and the same
pliers
set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels at the same price.

You must be easily pleased :-)

and you're just a prat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"HLAH" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in Aldi
two
weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I bought it me
holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-) and the same
pliers
set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels at the same price.

You must be easily pleased :-)

and you're just a prat.

I see you cottoned onto Matt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
HLAH

"Doctor Drivel" wrote

and you're just a prat.

I see you cottoned onto Matt.

Let's face it you're not much better.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"HLAH" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote

and you're just a prat.

I see you cottoned onto Matt.

Let's face it you're not much better.

Beter than what?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Better yet, avoid anything that Lidl sells.

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in Aldi two
weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I bought it me
holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-) and the same pliers
set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels at the same price.

I would have loved to be in the store when you took it back to Lidl if
it hadn't been a "good bargain". Are you dylsexick? Or were you using
the drill to improve the holes in your head?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Weatherlawyer wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Better yet, avoid anything that Lidl sells.

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in
Aldi two weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I
bought it me holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-)
and the same pliers set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels
at the same price.

I would have loved to be in the store when you took it back to Lidl if
it hadn't been a "good bargain". Are you dylsexick? Or were you using
the drill to improve the holes in your head?

You'd have had a wasted journey then,as I would have been at Aldi.

Pompous pratt.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
HLAH

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"HLAH" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote

and you're just a prat.

I see you cottoned onto Matt.

Let's face it you're not much better.

Beter than what?

No to be honest you are just as big a prat as him.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Lidl at one time had hand tools: pliers, long nosed, etc for 99p each.
They were the equivalent quality as Stanley which are about £9 a go.

It's a long long time since the Stanley name was any guide to quality.

I went wild and bought 5 of them.

That would be one pair for each hand, then?

--
*Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
notpastityet?

"HLAH" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"HLAH" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote

No to be honest you are just as big a prat as him.

To get past the name calling from you wonderful experts. This little amateur
has bought many things from Lidl and always been happy. You have to be
selective.

I bought a good drill for about forty pounds just after Christmas. I have
brought a firts class hose pipe for about two quid there.

I ought a brilliant pair of seceteurs for £1.99.

I have bought bedding, garden things, pots, fencing, plants and I have
always been pleased with them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"HLAH" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote

and you're just a prat.

I see you cottoned onto Matt.

Let's face it you're not much better.

Beter than what?

No to be honest you are just as big a prat as him.

My word! Another Little Middle Englander. Appalling. Appalling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Lidl at one time had hand tools: pliers, long nosed, etc for 99p each.
They were the equivalent quality as Stanley which are about £9 a go.

It's a long long time since the Stanley name

Richard Cranium, it is not. Your memory is scattered.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Better yet, avoid anything that Lidl sells.

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in
Aldi two weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I
bought it me holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-)
and the same pliers set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels
at the same price.

I would have loved to be in the store when you took it back to Lidl if
it hadn't been a "good bargain". Are you dylsexick? Or were you using
the drill to improve the holes in your head?

You'd have had a wasted journey then,as I would have been at Aldi.

Do you have to wear a hat with flaps tied down to stop the wind
whistling?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Weatherlawyer wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Better yet, avoid anything that Lidl sells.

Nah! man some stuff is worth the money,the Bench Drill I bought in
Aldi two weeks ago was a bloody damn good bargain at 30GBP since I
bought it me holes in wood have never been as straight and true :-)
and the same pliers set where good for 4.99GBP and the wood chisels
at the same price.

I would have loved to be in the store when you took it back to Lidl
if it hadn't been a "good bargain". Are you dylsexick? Or were you
using the drill to improve the holes in your head?

You'd have had a wasted journey then,as I would have been at Aldi.

Do you have to wear a hat with flaps tied down to stop the wind
whistling?

Tsk! some people just never leave kindergarten.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite