Posted to uk.d-i-y
CharlieR

Default Neff oven timer problem

I have a Neff hot-air oven that has been working fine for 6 years,
except for the digital timer, which has started playing up. This unit
enables me to set length of time for cooking, and start/finish times,
aswell as beng a digital clock.
It's now hard to set the timing correctly, which requires me to press a
button and turn a knob, as the display jumps almost randomly as I turn
the knob. Once set, however, it counts the time correctly.
Can anyone suggest if this is a part that I can get and replace myself,
or is it an expensive call-out job? (And no, it's not under warranty)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

"CharlieR" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Neff hot-air oven that has been working fine for 6 years,
except for the digital timer, which has started playing up. This unit
enables me to set length of time for cooking, and start/finish times,
aswell as beng a digital clock.
It's now hard to set the timing correctly, which requires me to press a
button and turn a knob, as the display jumps almost randomly as I turn
the knob. Once set, however, it counts the time correctly.
Can anyone suggest if this is a part that I can get and replace myself,
or is it an expensive call-out job? (And no, it's not under warranty)

I can't answer your point directly .... but I hope this helps ...
I too have a Neff oven similar to yours and was able to purchase a
replacement element from a 'Parts shop'.
The outfit stocked lots of parts for most(?) manufacturers' appliances.
I walked into the shop and the 'bloke' pulled out a 'Mechanical' exploded
parts diagram of the appliance which enabled me to both identify the part
(number) required and the 'how to get it out' path to dismantling. {
remantling, as Haynes' says is the reverse of dismantling ). The shop
assistant although _very helpful and knowledgeable_ were forbidden to show
me any wiring diagram. ['case yer elektikute yerself; we can't be liable.
Guv!]

I found the shop advertised in the 'yellow pages' amongst the 'Domestic
Appliance Repairs' section.

I walked in with 'a problem' and after asking, politely, 'Can you help me?'
.... walked out with the correct part.

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
CharlieR wrote:
I have a Neff hot-air oven that has been working fine for 6 years,
except for the digital timer, which has started playing up. This unit
enables me to set length of time for cooking, and start/finish times,
aswell as beng a digital clock.
It's now hard to set the timing correctly, which requires me to press a
button and turn a knob, as the display jumps almost randomly as I turn
the knob. Once set, however, it counts the time correctly.
Can anyone suggest if this is a part that I can get and replace myself,
or is it an expensive call-out job? (And no, it's not under warranty)

It sounds like the what I think is a shaft encoder (produces pulses when
rotated in either direction) is faulty or the pulses aren't being read.
I've got a Neff oven and microwave that uses the same system - but they're
both new and I haven't had need to see how they are constructed, and
hopefully for a long time yet which is why I bought them rather than
Baumatic. ;-)

All I can guess is that you strip it down and check for dry soldered
joints etc on the PCB. If the shaft encoder is a generic type you could
replace from the likes of RS components. But they are generally very
reliable so I'd look for a PCB problem first - as I said likely a dry
joint or two.

--
*Why do the two "sanction"s (noun and verb) mean opposites?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ted ted is offline

€śYou can only change the clock when no other clock function is active€ť. You need to delete all other clock functions which is what I seem to be having troubles with. Can I just reset the entire oven?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...em-345995-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ted wrote

€śYou can only change the clock when no other clock function is active€ť.
You need to delete all other clock functions which is what I seem to be
having troubles with. Can I just reset the entire oven?

Tad unlikely to see your question after 14 years.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...em-345995-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 16:18 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING all NIGHT and all DAY long, yet AGAIN! ROTFLOL

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 16:18:03 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

16:18 in Australia??? And you have been up and trolling since 01:06, i.e.
ALL NIGHT long, ALL MORNING, and almost ALL DAY long, yet AGAIN! LOL

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

But you did, the benefits of starting a new thread are many and varied,
particularly on a completely broken interface like the on in Home owners
club.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please