Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Neff oven timer problem

In article .com,
CharlieR wrote:
I have a Neff hot-air oven that has been working fine for 6 years,
except for the digital timer, which has started playing up. This unit
enables me to set length of time for cooking, and start/finish times,
aswell as beng a digital clock.
It's now hard to set the timing correctly, which requires me to press a
button and turn a knob, as the display jumps almost randomly as I turn
the knob. Once set, however, it counts the time correctly.
Can anyone suggest if this is a part that I can get and replace myself,
or is it an expensive call-out job? (And no, it's not under warranty)

It sounds like the what I think is a shaft encoder (produces pulses when
rotated in either direction) is faulty or the pulses aren't being read.
I've got a Neff oven and microwave that uses the same system - but they're
both new and I haven't had need to see how they are constructed, and
hopefully for a long time yet which is why I bought them rather than
Baumatic. ;-)

All I can guess is that you strip it down and check for dry soldered
joints etc on the PCB. If the shaft encoder is a generic type you could
replace from the likes of RS components. But they are generally very
reliable so I'd look for a PCB problem first - as I said likely a dry
joint or two.

--
*Why do the two "sanction"s (noun and verb) mean opposites?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.