Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

Default Neff oven timer problem

"CharlieR" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Neff hot-air oven that has been working fine for 6 years,
except for the digital timer, which has started playing up. This unit
enables me to set length of time for cooking, and start/finish times,
aswell as beng a digital clock.
It's now hard to set the timing correctly, which requires me to press a
button and turn a knob, as the display jumps almost randomly as I turn
the knob. Once set, however, it counts the time correctly.
Can anyone suggest if this is a part that I can get and replace myself,
or is it an expensive call-out job? (And no, it's not under warranty)

I can't answer your point directly .... but I hope this helps ...
I too have a Neff oven similar to yours and was able to purchase a
replacement element from a 'Parts shop'.
The outfit stocked lots of parts for most(?) manufacturers' appliances.
I walked into the shop and the 'bloke' pulled out a 'Mechanical' exploded
parts diagram of the appliance which enabled me to both identify the part
(number) required and the 'how to get it out' path to dismantling. {
remantling, as Haynes' says is the reverse of dismantling ). The shop
assistant although _very helpful and knowledgeable_ were forbidden to show
me any wiring diagram. ['case yer elektikute yerself; we can't be liable.
Guv!]

I found the shop advertised in the 'yellow pages' amongst the 'Domestic
Appliance Repairs' section.

I walked in with 'a problem' and after asking, politely, 'Can you help me?'
.... walked out with the correct part.

--

Brian