Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default OT. From the People who brought you Milton Keynes.....

I'm amazed by this....

Considering the reaction to the Danish cartoons, I would expect no
less than WW3 if this goes ahead

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hywel Jenkins

In article ,
am says...

I'm amazed by this....

Considering the reaction to the Danish cartoons, I would expect no
less than WW3 if this goes ahead

Apparently they're going to show Team America: World Police at the
cinema they're building, too.

--

Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:
I'm amazed by this....

a blank page no less.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On 20 Feb 2006 11:22:18 -0800, wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
I'm amazed by this....

a blank page no less.

NT

Works for me.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I'm amazed by this....

Considering the reaction to the Danish cartoons, I would expect no
less than WW3 if this goes ahead

Can you explain your point in words of not more than one syllable for this
airhead, please?

Mary

--

.andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Mary Fisher wrote:

Can you explain your point in words of not more than one syllable for this
airhead, please?

Go to MK you pill. It houses condensation vapour from the armpit of
London. Try taking a walk around the grave new whoreld.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:
Can you explain your point in words of not more than one syllable for this
airhead, please?

Go to MK you pill.

Pill or airhead, it's all the same.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Can you explain your point in words of not more than one syllable for
this airhead, please?

Mary

I think that their respondant, Chris (from Luton) said most of it:

****
Haven't the people of Najaf suffered enough?! Does this historic city
realise what they've bargained for: roundabouts, faceless
"boulevards", joy riders in cars with under-chassis lighting,
chequered caps, extortionate parking costs, a shopping mall the size
of Albania and a no-frills cinema that looks like a pyramid.

And dribble? Far worse than anything else.

--
*Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MatC

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary Fisher wrote:

Can you explain your point in words of not more than one syllable for
this
airhead, please?

Go to MK you pill. It houses condensation vapour from the armpit of
London. Try taking a walk around the grave new whoreld.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:45:56 -0000, "MatC" wrote:

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

Absolutely. There are some great vistas in the rear view mirror as
you pull onto the M1 ;-)

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"MatC" wrote in message
Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

It wasn't harsh, it's what you should expect from that source :-)

At least you're not living in the same place as it!

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senilke
flatulenec wrote in message ...
In article ,
Andy Hall aka Matt wrote:
Can you explain your point in words of not more than one syllable for
this airhead, please?

Mary

I think that their respondant, Chris (from Luton) said most of it:

****
Haven't the people of Najaf suffered enough?! Does this historic city
realise what they've bargained for: roundabouts, faceless
"boulevards", joy riders in cars with under-chassis lighting,
chequered caps, extortionate parking costs, a shopping mall the size
of Albania and a no-frills cinema that looks like a pyramid.

And dribble?

I'm sure they have senile dribblers like you in MK too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:45:56 -0000, "MatC" wrote:

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

Absolutely. There are some great vistas in the rear view mirror as
you pull onto the M1 ;-)

Matt you have never been to MK, that was established a long time ago. You
live in a soulless tatty Surrey town with a nutter home in it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"MatC" wrote in message
Thats a bit harsh..

Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

The planners did a superb job. It is internationally recognised as a major
planning success story, and they are doing a major extension of the centre
too with tower cranes up. This goes against the original concept of low
rise. I used to go there a lot on business and grew fond of the place. I
love the grid road system and the roundabouts. 60 to 70mph everywhere. The
best road system in Europe. No houses are on the grid, just bushes and
trees. At the weekend it comes alive and buzzes. The greenest city I have
ever been to, full of lakes. I read that two or three SSIs are in MK.

Last month I drove past the new stadium being built by Wimbledon. It looks
big.

MatC, only the ignorant dislike MK. You will find most who don't like it
have never been there, or just driven around the grid and you see nothing
from the grid except trees and bushes so think nothing is there. Those who
live there love it. Great design.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:27:26 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:45:56 -0000, "MatC" wrote:

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

Absolutely. There are some great vistas in the rear view mirror as
you pull onto the M1 ;-)

Matt you have never been to MK, that was established a long time ago.

Actually I have, many times, but only for commercial purposes.

You
live in a soulless tatty Surrey town with a nutter home in it.

Berkshire, actually, and the nutter home is some miles away. What did
you say your postcode was?

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
MatC wrote:
Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

That's you and Drivel, then? Suppose that makes 'us'. ;-)

--
*A fool and his money are soon partying *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:00:40 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
.. .

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

Absolutely. There are some great vistas in the rear view mirror as
you pull onto the M1 ;-)

Matt you have never been to MK,
that was established a long time ago.

Actually I have, many times, but only for commercial purposes.

Taking back for repair all those naff Makitas I see.

Quality products. Never been needed.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
. ..

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

Absolutely. There are some great vistas in the rear view mirror as
you pull onto the M1 ;-)

Matt you have never been to MK,
that was established a long time ago.

Actually I have, many times, but only for commercial purposes.

Taking back for repair all those naff Makitas I see.

Quality products. Never been needed.

Matt, don't porkie tell, you took them back to MK to be fixed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ,
MatC wrote:

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

That's you

** snip senile dribbling babble **

I'm sure MK has institutions suitable for senile people like yourself you -
even serving cauliflower cheese too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , MatC
wrote:

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

Upside down?

--
AJL

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MatC

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:45:56 -0000, "MatC" wrote:

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

Absolutely. There are some great vistas in the rear view mirror as
you pull onto the M1 ;-)

Matt you have never been to MK, that was established a long time ago. You
live in a soulless tatty Surrey town with a nutter home in it.

Sorry, have we ever conversed before?
I seriously doubt it though, I like my opponents to have a double figure IQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:18:24 -0000, "MatC" wrote:

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
freenews.net...

"Andy Hall" aka Matt wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:45:56 -0000, "MatC" wrote:

Thats a bit harsh..
Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

Absolutely. There are some great vistas in the rear view mirror as
you pull onto the M1 ;-)

Matt you have never been to MK, that was established a long time ago. You
live in a soulless tatty Surrey town with a nutter home in it.

Sorry, have we ever conversed before?
I seriously doubt it though, I like my opponents to have a double figure IQ

Follow the thread. Dr Drivel is the culprit in terms of deliberately
mixing identities. Talk to him about it.

As far as having double figure IQ is concerned, if you are more
comfortable with other people in that category, you will have to look
further...

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MatC" wrote in message
[...]

I whole heartedly agree,

My (late) Dad who used to work for MKDC (Milton Keynes Development
Corporation) used to say that the high rise buildings were completely
against the original design principles of Milton Keynes. It was always meant
to be a low rise, low impact town.
The new "Sky Diving" centre for example is quite hideous, however, there are
only one or two ugly things to detract from what really is a well designed
and pleasant town.
The grid roads work well, (Just stay away from Ikea), I for example can get
to work in 10mins, travelling from one side of town to the other.
People need to look inside the town, not just skim through and decide all
the roundabouts look the same.
The new stadium is big, not really sure what they'll do with it though, the
2000 or so MK Dons fans will be able to have an entire row of seats each,
although I'm sure it will make a fine venue for the weekly car boot sale.

Mat

more money David Woodworking 1 December 7th 05 09:36 PM
Old 'scope free to good home, also data books (Milton Keynes, UK) Ken Morrow Electronics Repair 4 July 20th 03 03:26 AM
WANTED: Non-judgmental pen pals Gunner Metalworking 11 July 17th 03 04:22 PM