Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default OT. From the People who brought you Milton Keynes.....

"MatC" wrote in message
Thats a bit harsh..

Some of us like living in Milton Keynes....

The planners did a superb job. It is internationally recognised as a major
planning success story, and they are doing a major extension of the centre
too with tower cranes up. This goes against the original concept of low
rise. I used to go there a lot on business and grew fond of the place. I
love the grid road system and the roundabouts. 60 to 70mph everywhere. The
best road system in Europe. No houses are on the grid, just bushes and
trees. At the weekend it comes alive and buzzes. The greenest city I have
ever been to, full of lakes. I read that two or three SSIs are in MK.

Last month I drove past the new stadium being built by Wimbledon. It looks
big.

MatC, only the ignorant dislike MK. You will find most who don't like it
have never been there, or just driven around the grid and you see nothing
from the grid except trees and bushes so think nothing is there. Those who
live there love it. Great design.