Posted to uk.d-i-y
DGB

Default Replacement central heating timeswitch

Hello - help required with heating timeswitch. I have searched this group
and also contacted Danfoss tech support but no reply after three days.

I have an elderly dial type timeswitch marked "Superswitch" which controls
the heating on a combi boiler. This works but is getting noisy so I have
decided to replace and have a new Danfoss TS715. Unfortunately the Danfoss
conversion chart and website do not list the Superswitch for conversion.

Currently, on the input side, there are two connections used (plus earth):

N in - neutral mains input
L in - live mains input

The output to the boiler is with three core and earth:

L in - red (in common with above)
L out yellow
N out blue

The Danfoss website carries the TS715 instructions and wiring at
http://www.danfoss-randall.co.uk/default.asp?strSearchResult=tem1019.asp?intPage=98 6|intLang=2|strLang=da|intLevel=2|intLevel2ID=986

Can anyone advise on how I should wire the input / output?

Many thanks in advance.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , DGB
writes
Hello - help required with heating timeswitch. I have searched this group
and also contacted Danfoss tech support but no reply after three days.

I have an elderly dial type timeswitch marked "Superswitch" which controls
the heating on a combi boiler.

Since you failed to give useful info like which combi it is, and
therefore whether you need a switched live or volts free contacts, can't
give you an immediate answer

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
DGB

Hello - boiler is Vailant VCW Combi......................

"raden" wrote in message
In message , DGB
writes
Hello - help required with heating timeswitch. I have searched this group
and also contacted Danfoss tech support but no reply after three days.

I have an elderly dial type timeswitch marked "Superswitch" which controls
the heating on a combi boiler.

Since you failed to give useful info like which combi it is, and therefore
whether you need a switched live or volts free contacts, can't give you an
immediate answer

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , DGB
writes
Hello - boiler is Vailant VCW Combi......................

242E ?

Well, if anybody should know it's me as I repair the pcbs and I also had
one for 18 years (cough)

How embarrassing ...

I'll get back to you tomorrow

"raden" wrote in message
In message , DGB
writes
Hello - help required with heating timeswitch. I have searched this group
and also contacted Danfoss tech support but no reply after three days.

I have an elderly dial type timeswitch marked "Superswitch" which controls
the heating on a combi boiler.

Since you failed to give useful info like which combi it is, and therefore
whether you need a switched live or volts free contacts, can't give you an
immediate answer

--
geoff

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I have an elderly dial type timeswitch marked "Superswitch" which controls
the heating on a combi boiler. This works but is getting noisy so I have
decided to replace and have a new Danfoss TS715. Unfortunately the Danfoss
conversion chart and website do not list the Superswitch for conversion.

Personally, I would bypass the timeswitch and just fit a programmable
thermostat instead of the standard one.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DGB

Yes, I have one on my home system but think it would be too complicated for
the users of this one (and I already have the new Danfoss!).

David

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
I have an elderly dial type timeswitch marked "Superswitch" which
controls
the heating on a combi boiler. This works but is getting noisy so I have
decided to replace and have a new Danfoss TS715. Unfortunately the
Danfoss
conversion chart and website do not list the Superswitch for conversion.

Personally, I would bypass the timeswitch and just fit a programmable
thermostat instead of the standard one.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:52:18 +0000, raden wrote:

In message , DGB
writes
Hello - boiler is Vailant VCW Combi......................

242E ?

Well, if anybody should know it's me as I repair the pcbs and I also had
one for 18 years (cough)

How embarrassing ...

I'll get back to you tomorrow

The boiler run the heating when there is a connection between terminals
3 and 4 on the boiler.
You can also simply send 230V to terminal 4.

I expect the yellow wire finds it's way into that.

If the time switch is faulty you would be much better off spending the
same sort of money (sub £30) on a programmable thermostat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message . uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:52:18 +0000, raden wrote:

In message , DGB
writes
Hello - boiler is Vailant VCW Combi......................

242E ?

Well, if anybody should know it's me as I repair the pcbs and I also had
one for 18 years (cough)

How embarrassing ...

I'll get back to you tomorrow

The boiler run the heating when there is a connection between terminals
3 and 4 on the boiler.
You can also simply send 230V to terminal 4.

Of course ...

senility is creeping up on me