Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

Default Condenser tumble dryer

I bought a White Knight Condenser Tumble dryer for the cupboard under
the stair as there is nowhere for a pipe to reach outside it claim you
should have to empty the bottle after every use or two yet my bottle is
always empty.

I have checked all the pipes and read the manual back to front but it
just doesnt seem to be condensing... heats the room up lovely though!

Any one else had a similar problem or am i just missing something from
the installation of the dryer?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan delaMare-Lyon

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a White Knight Condenser Tumble dryer for the cupboard under
the stair as there is nowhere for a pipe to reach outside it claim you
should have to empty the bottle after every use or two yet my bottle is
always empty.

I have checked all the pipes and read the manual back to front but it
just doesnt seem to be condensing... heats the room up lovely though!

Any one else had a similar problem or am i just missing something from
the installation of the dryer?

Check the pipe at the back. There's normally one that you can pop off and
connect a drain hose to to hav ethe machine auto-drain the bottle for you.
It's ptobably popped off and nicely buggered the floor under the dryer for
you!

Cheers
dna.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I bought a White Knight Condenser Tumble dryer for the cupboard under
the stair as there is nowhere for a pipe to reach outside it claim you
should have to empty the bottle after every use or two yet my bottle is
always empty.

Definitely something wrong. My condensor would almost fill the large bottle
every time until I got round to plumbing it in.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

Ive checked the wire and its firmly attached both ends and there isnt a
puddle! so where the hell is the water going!?!?!?!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ive checked the wire and its firmly attached both ends and there isnt a
puddle! so where the hell is the water going!?!?!?!

Are the clothes drying ?

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
I bought a White Knight Condenser Tumble dryer for the cupboard under
the stair as there is nowhere for a pipe to reach outside it claim you
should have to empty the bottle after every use or two yet my bottle is
always empty.

I have checked all the pipes and read the manual back to front but it
just doesnt seem to be condensing... heats the room up lovely though!

Any one else had a similar problem or am i just missing something from
the installation of the dryer?
I had a similar problem with a medium age dryer. It was fixed with a new fan. After that it condensed about 2 litres per cycle.

Antonio
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Ive checked the wire and its firmly attached both ends and there isnt a
puddle! so where the hell is the water going!?!?!?!

Into the air.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

it dries the clothes but my room gets full of condensation which was
the whole point of buying a condenser i have only had it a few weeks
should i take it back?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

it dries the clothes but my room gets full of condensation which was
the whole point of buying a condenser i have only had it a few weeks
should i take it back?

Yes, it appears to be faulty. But read the instructions first, in case the
installation required you to remove some sort of plug or suchlike.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
it dries the clothes but my room gets full of condensation which was
the whole point of buying a condenser i have only had it a few weeks
should i take it back?

Yes, it appears to be faulty. But read the instructions first, in case the
installation required you to remove some sort of plug or suchlike.

Christian.

Check the venting requirements and leave the cupboard door open.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
peter

Steve wrote:

it dries the clothes but my room gets full of condensation which was
the whole point of buying a condenser i have only had it a few weeks
should i take it back?

It's definitely not working right. I've had 3 condensor dryers, none of
them has caused any condensation at all in the room even with doors and
windows shut, it's always amazed me how effectively they do condense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Henry

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a White Knight Condenser Tumble dryer for the cupboard under
the stair as there is nowhere for a pipe to reach outside it claim you
should have to empty the bottle after every use or two yet my bottle is
always empty.

I have checked all the pipes and read the manual back to front but it
just doesnt seem to be condensing... heats the room up lovely though!

Any one else had a similar problem or am i just missing something from
the installation of the dryer?

Are you leaving the door open? If not maybe the problem is you are heating
the air in the cupboard to the point where it's too hot when drawn through
the heat exchanger to condense the moisture being blown out.

Henry

Tumble Dryer venting Bill UK diy 33 October 11th 05 08:32 PM
Tumble dryer stops after 20 minutes Trevor Davies UK diy 6 April 19th 05 05:53 PM
Why doesn't my tumble dryer work whenever I change the condenser cartridge? (Hoover TC650 / TC 650) Itchy UK diy 1 March 28th 05 08:49 AM
Bendix CDE600 Condenser Tumble dryer Steve Electronics Repair 6 January 7th 05 11:21 PM
Cost of using a tumble dryer DavyW UK diy 10 October 29th 04 09:27 AM