Steve

Default Bendix CDE600 Condenser Tumble dryer

I bought this appliance 5 years ago in Australia. I'm now living in
Wellington NZ and trying to obtain a replacement drum belt for it as the
old one expired last night.

Apart from the model number of the dryer, the only other information is the
markings on the belt, which read DAVCO (or DAYCO?) 1930 H6

Does anyone know a source of spares for this product? I understand Bendix
ceased to exist a few years ago.

Thanks

NSM

"Steve" wrote in message
| I bought this appliance 5 years ago in Australia. I'm now living in
| Wellington NZ and trying to obtain a replacement drum belt for it as the
| old one expired last night.
|
| Apart from the model number of the dryer, the only other information is
the
| markings on the belt, which read DAVCO (or DAYCO?) 1930 H6
|
| Does anyone know a source of spares for this product? I understand Bendix
| ceased to exist a few years ago.

Is it a regular V belt?

William R. Walsh

Hi!

The belt you have was very likely made by Dayco...they have a web site
(given below) and are a pretty common source of automotive belts in the US.
It would also appear that they do business worldwide.

http://www.dayco.com/

William

Steve

"NSM" wrote in news:5n2Dd.407$L_6.98@edtnps91:

"Steve" wrote in message
| I bought this appliance 5 years ago in Australia. I'm now living in
| Wellington NZ and trying to obtain a replacement drum belt for it as
| the old one expired last night.
|
| Apart from the model number of the dryer, the only other information
| is
the
| markings on the belt, which read DAVCO (or DAYCO?) 1930 H6
|
| Does anyone know a source of spares for this product? I understand
| Bendix ceased to exist a few years ago.

Is it a regular V belt?

No, its flat belt with grooves along the active side - multiple V's if you
like.
EMB

Steve wrote:

No, its flat belt with grooves along the active side - multiple V's if you
like.

Take the remains to your local Repco (or other automotive parts
supplier) and size it up against a 6PK1930 belt. My guess is that's how
the numbering will cross to normal automotive sizes.

--
EMB

NSM

"Steve" wrote in message
| "NSM" wrote in news:5n2Dd.407$L_6.98@edtnps91:

| Is it a regular V belt?

| No, its flat belt with grooves along the active side - multiple V's if you
| like.

You must be able to find a replacement for that. I used to work for Paykel
Belts in Wgtn and this is the sort of thing they had.

Jim Adney

On 6 Jan 2005 16:29:44 +1300 Steve wrote:

I bought this appliance 5 years ago in Australia. I'm now living in
Wellington NZ and trying to obtain a replacement drum belt for it as the
old one expired last night.

Apart from the model number of the dryer, the only other information is the
markings on the belt, which read DAVCO (or DAYCO?) 1930 H6

Does anyone know a source of spares for this product? I understand Bendix
ceased to exist a few years ago.

This sounds just like the belt I recently replaced on my Whirlpool
dryer. I called the local appliance repair shop and they told me to
just bring in the old belt. Apparently there are about 4 common sizes
(different lengths) and they just needed to match it up.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA