Posted to uk.d-i-y
Haymish

Default Cavity wall insulation

Hello

I have 2 packs of Knauf Crown Dritherm Cavity wall insulation. 75mm thick,
1200mm x 455mm 8.74 square metres. I don't need it and was going to sell it
in my local paper but I can't find any prices on the internet.

Does anyone know what this should retail for / what would be a good price to
sell it at?

Is it worth selling or should I give it away / take it to the tip?

Many thanks

Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Haymish

Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:49:57 GMT, "Haymish" wrote:

Hello

I have 2 packs of Knauf Crown Dritherm Cavity wall insulation. 75mm
thick, 1200mm x 455mm 8.74 square metres. I don't need it and was
going to sell it in my local paper but I can't find any prices on
the internet.

Does anyone know what this should retail for / what would be a good
price to sell it at?

Is it worth selling or should I give it away / take it to the tip?

Many thanks

Pete

Ebay?

Well I did think of that but they would cost a lot to post because of their
size,there are two packs each of which is about the same size as me. Better
for local colection I think but I have no idea of value.

Thanks for reply tho.

Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:05:43 GMT, "Haymish" wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
[...]

You can set it up as buyer collects only.

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I paid £30 for the 100mm thick RockSilk slab. There were five slabs in
a bale. It worked out at about £9 a square metre. So if you said £25
you ought to not loose too much and get it snapped up.

Chris.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I posted this just recently...............
Just thought I'd share this info with everyone. I've just added a
Dormer to a new upstairs room. Basically 4" x 2" (95mm x 45mm) stud
walls. I've 'stuffed' it with the following insulation called Rocksilk

by Knauf. The spec. sheet gives the following details...

UNIVERSAL SLAB RS45
Thickness 100mm (I have also used 75mm)

Length: 1200mm
Width: 600mm
Area per pack (m^2): 3.6
Lamda (W/mK): 0.035
R Value (m^2K/W): 2.85
Fire ClassSlabs per Pack: A1
Slabs per Pallet: 5
Product Code: 2361392

The price for one pack from Sheffield Insulations in Aberdeen

was ?32. So that's nearly ?10 per square metre. Quite expensive for

Cavity wall insulation - and now the roof . .. Stephen UK diy 4 November 17th 05 11:44 AM
Cavity wall insulation doozer UK diy 7 November 16th 05 05:13 PM
Found Straw in a Cavity Wall Steve UK diy 5 October 1st 05 10:10 AM
Cavity Wall Insulation Yes or NO [email protected] UK diy 7 September 25th 05 02:16 PM
HELP: vertical foundation crack in new construction Zhixin Tang Home Repair 46 October 26th 03 01:53 PM