DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cavity wall insulation (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/133215-cavity-wall-insulation.html)

Haymish November 28th 05 02:49 PM

Cavity wall insulation

Hello

I have 2 packs of Knauf Crown Dritherm Cavity wall insulation. 75mm thick,
1200mm x 455mm 8.74 square metres. I don't need it and was going to sell it
in my local paper but I can't find any prices on the internet.

Does anyone know what this should retail for / what would be a good price to
sell it at?

Is it worth selling or should I give it away / take it to the tip?

Many thanks

Pete

Haymish November 28th 05 04:05 PM

Cavity wall insulation

Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:49:57 GMT, "Haymish" wrote:

Hello

I have 2 packs of Knauf Crown Dritherm Cavity wall insulation. 75mm
thick, 1200mm x 455mm 8.74 square metres. I don't need it and was
going to sell it in my local paper but I can't find any prices on
the internet.

Does anyone know what this should retail for / what would be a good
price to sell it at?

Is it worth selling or should I give it away / take it to the tip?

Many thanks

Pete

Ebay?

Well I did think of that but they would cost a lot to post because of their
size,there are two packs each of which is about the same size as me. Better
for local colection I think but I have no idea of value.

Thanks for reply tho.

Pete

Andy Hall November 28th 05 06:57 PM

Cavity wall insulation

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:05:43 GMT, "Haymish" wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
[...]

You can set it up as buyer collects only.

--

..andy

Rob Morley November 29th 05 01:54 AM

Cavity wall insulation

In article ,
ess says...
Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:49:57 GMT, "Haymish" wrote:

Hello

I have 2 packs of Knauf Crown Dritherm Cavity wall insulation. 75mm
thick, 1200mm x 455mm 8.74 square metres. I don't need it and was
going to sell it in my local paper but I can't find any prices on
the internet.

Does anyone know what this should retail for / what would be a good
price to sell it at?

Is it worth selling or should I give it away / take it to the tip?

Many thanks

Pete

Ebay?

Well I did think of that but they would cost a lot to post because of their
size,there are two packs each of which is about the same size as me. Better
for local colection I think but I have no idea of value.

There's no reason you can't list it on eBay for collection only.

Haymish November 29th 05 12:05 PM

Cavity wall insulation

Rob Morley wrote:
In article ,
ess says...
wrote:

Hello

I have 2 packs of Knauf Crown Dritherm Cavity wall insulation. 75mm
thick, 1200mm x 455mm 8.74 square metres. I don't need it and was
going to sell it in my local paper but I can't find any prices on
the internet.

Does anyone know what this should retail for / what would be a good
price to sell it at?

Is it worth selling or should I give it away / take it to the tip?

Many thanks

Pete

Ebay?

Well I did think of that but they would cost a lot to post because
of their size,there are two packs each of which is about the same
size as me. Better for local colection I think but I have no idea of
value.

There's no reason you can't list it on eBay for collection only.

True. I just think it would be a very limited market and I would end up
paying ebay fees for nothing. Telford is not that big then you have to take
away people without net access, and I just don't think it's something most
people would look for on ebay.

Might give it a try but if they are only worth £5 each roll it's not worth
the effort. If someone said they retail for £25+ a roll it may be worth the
effort. Someone must know what they sell for I've googled but there don't
seem to be any prices around.

Cheers

Pete

[email protected] November 29th 05 08:06 PM

Cavity wall insulation

I paid £30 for the 100mm thick RockSilk slab. There were five slabs in
a bale. It worked out at about £9 a square metre. So if you said £25
you ought to not loose too much and get it snapped up.

Chris.

[email protected] November 29th 05 08:10 PM

Cavity wall insulation

I posted this just recently...............
Just thought I'd share this info with everyone. I've just added a
Dormer to a new upstairs room. Basically 4" x 2" (95mm x 45mm) stud
walls. I've 'stuffed' it with the following insulation called Rocksilk

by Knauf. The spec. sheet gives the following details...

UNIVERSAL SLAB RS45
Thickness 100mm (I have also used 75mm)

Length: 1200mm
Width: 600mm
Area per pack (m^2): 3.6
Lamda (W/mK): 0.035
R Value (m^2K/W): 2.85
Fire ClassSlabs per Pack: A1
Slabs per Pallet: 5
Product Code: 2361392

The price for one pack from Sheffield Insulations in Aberdeen

was ?32. So that's nearly ?10 per square metre. Quite expensive for

Haymish November 30th 05 07:48 PM

Cavity wall insulation

wrote:
I posted this just recently...............
Just thought I'd share this info with everyone. I've just added a
Dormer to a new upstairs room. Basically 4" x 2" (95mm x 45mm) stud
walls. I've 'stuffed' it with the following insulation called
Rocksilk

by Knauf. The spec. sheet gives the following details...

UNIVERSAL SLAB RS45
Thickness 100mm (I have also used 75mm)

Length: 1200mm
Width: 600mm
Area per pack (m^2): 3.6
Lamda (W/mK): 0.035
R Value (m^2K/W): 2.85
Fire ClassSlabs per Pack: A1
Slabs per Pallet: 5
Product Code: 2361392

The price for one pack from Sheffield Insulations in Aberdeen

was ?32. So that's nearly ?10 per square metre. Quite expensive for

Thanks a lot for the info.

Pete.