doozer

Default Cavity wall insulation

Hi,

We've just had a quote of £190 to add cavity wall insulation to a 4 bed
house. Is it worth having it done? What I mean is will we be able to feel
a difference (or see a difference in our fuel bills) or is it just another
one of these things that's just not really worth doing but the general
public have been convinced is.

What I am hoping it will do is make the house cool down more slowly when
the heating goes off - at the minute the house gets freezing cold within
an hour.

Thanks,
Graham
Doctor Drivel

"doozer" wrote in message
newsan.2005.11.16.12.12.27.571760@crazysquirrel. removethisbit.com...
Hi,

We've just had a quote of £190 to add cavity wall insulation to a 4 bed
house. Is it worth having it done? What I mean is will we be able to feel
a difference (or see a difference in our fuel bills) or is it just another
one of these things that's just not really worth doing but the general
public have been convinced is.

What I am hoping it will do is make the house cool down more slowly when
the heating goes off - at the minute the house gets freezing cold within
an hour.

Get it done. It is well worth it. As energy prices rise you benefits
greatly. It also keep the house cool in summer too.

David Hansen

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:12:28 +0000 someone who may be doozer
wrote this:-

We've just had a quote of £190 to add cavity wall insulation to a 4 bed
house. Is it worth having it done? What I mean is will we be able to feel
a difference (or see a difference in our fuel bills) or is it just another
one of these things that's just not really worth doing but the general
public have been convinced is.

Is it not possible to use a search engine and find one of the many
threads on the subject?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
EricP

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:12:28 +0000, doozer
wrote:

Hi,

We've just had a quote of £190 to add cavity wall insulation to a 4 bed
house. Is it worth having it done? What I mean is will we be able to feel
a difference (or see a difference in our fuel bills) or is it just another
one of these things that's just not really worth doing but the general
public have been convinced is.

What I am hoping it will do is make the house cool down more slowly when
the heating goes off - at the minute the house gets freezing cold within
an hour.

Thanks,
Graham

Cavity wall insulation may be the best investment you ever made. It
was for us.

But my comment on £190 is that it is far too cheap. Makes me wonder
what you will be getting
doozer

wrote this:-

We've just had a quote of £190 to add cavity wall insulation to a 4 bed
house. Is it worth having it done? What I mean is will we be able to feel
a difference (or see a difference in our fuel bills) or is it just another
one of these things that's just not really worth doing but the general
public have been convinced is.

Is it not possible to use a search engine and find one of the many
threads on the subject?

If I did that what would you have to complain about.

Do you really have nothing better to do with your life than complain about
duplicate questions?

doozer

wrote:

Hi,

We've just had a quote of £190 to add cavity wall insulation to a 4 bed
house. Is it worth having it done? What I mean is will we be able to feel
a difference (or see a difference in our fuel bills) or is it just another
one of these things that's just not really worth doing but the general
public have been convinced is.

What I am hoping it will do is make the house cool down more slowly when
the heating goes off - at the minute the house gets freezing cold within
an hour.

Thanks,
Graham

Cavity wall insulation may be the best investment you ever made. It
was for us.

But my comment on £190 is that it is far too cheap. Makes me wonder
what you will be getting

Apparently rock wool will be blown in. The reason it is so cheap is the
local council (Southampton) are currently offering a 50% subsidy to most
properties. If you are on any benifits it can even be more. AIUI there are
plenty of councils now offering discounts and I believe British Gas do
occasionally as well.

Graham
David Hansen

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:20:12 +0000 someone who may be doozer
wrote this:-

Do you really have nothing better to do with your life than complain about
duplicate questions?

I have plenty of better things to do. A little friendly advice
appears to have upset you slightly. Your loss, not mine.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

wrote:

[...]

On that basis then, my only comment would be that you are unlikely to
regret having it done. If it was like mine, a CH system that was
always on, will go immrdiately to one that is rarely used unless the
ambient temperature drops to zero.

Interior Basement Wall Insulation Q. Home Repair 4 October 15th 05 02:59 AM
Found Straw in a Cavity Wall Steve UK diy 5 October 1st 05 10:10 AM
Cavity Wall Insulation Yes or NO [email protected] UK diy 7 September 25th 05 02:16 PM
insulating a wall Rick Dipper UK diy 10 August 6th 04 08:33 PM
HELP: vertical foundation crack in new construction Zhixin Tang Home Repair 46 October 26th 03 01:53 PM