Martin

Default Kitchen Appliances

I'm in the process of installing a new kitchen and was looking for some
advice on kitchen appliances specifically a dish washer, fridge and freezer
all fully integrated.

Are there any good websites I can use to search for kitchen appliances i.e.
I specify the features I'm interested in and it returns the appliances that
match. I've tried sainsbury's, b&q and boots but they are very limited just
a complete list of built-in.

Specifically for the dish washer I like one that dries, some websites
specify drying method: natural which I'm sure means it has no drying
capabilities. Anyway we have never owned a dish washer before so any advice
would be very welcomed.

I should mention that the lower the cost the better, so I'm not really
interested in nice to have features just good appliances that do the job
efficiently.

If there is a better news group for this subject please let me know.

TIA
Martin.

john

"Martin" wrote in message
news
[...]

Natural drying uses the heat from the final rinse - so it isn't purely
natural.

Go for one with a delay start and then you can make use of your night tarrif
if you have one.

All are pretty much the same - I would suggest in order:

1. Appearance (does it suit you)
2. Internal layout - is it what you need
3. Efficiency Rating.
4. Cost.

8. Manufacturer's name.
9. Promises
10. Extended warranty

You should get 5 - 8 years out of one. But budget for 4 years. If you get a
really costly one - will you still love it in 8 years time when new features
are around?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

In message , john
writes

"Martin" wrote in message
news
[...]

New features?

We are on our third DW, the first was a Zanussi that was 13 years old
(and secondhand) when we got rid of it about 6-7 years ago, then we got
an AEG which has been used since then interspersed with an existing
Bosch in the new house until it dies and we went back to the AEG.

The AEG is a bit more economical on water, it is lot quieter and
probably generally a bit more efficient, but in terms of a actual
working and features - pretty much the same - does anyone ever use more
than couple of the programs?

--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Briggs

In message , Martin
writes
I'm in the process of installing a new kitchen and was looking for some
advice on kitchen appliances specifically a dish washer, fridge and freezer
all fully integrated.

Are there any good websites I can use to search for kitchen appliances i.e.
I specify the features I'm interested in and it returns the appliances that
match. I've tried sainsbury's, b&q and boots but they are very limited just
a complete list of built-in.

I've been busy searching out kitchen appliances recently, one site I
return to quite a lot is http://www.millerbros.co.uk. They do list a
large from many manufacturers, with a reasonable amount of info against
each item. Currently listing 255 Dishwashers, you should find something
amongst that lot. Pricing is competitive, although you can find lower
elsewhere. No connection yada yada.

Manufacturers websites vary, those of the Electrolux group (Creda,
Indesit, Hotpoint (?), Zanussi) are particularly crap and useless though
for product info.
I'm tending towards Baumatic stuff at the moment. Its fairly low-mid
price, but generally pretty stylish, and there's a huge range of models
to choose from. Good online presence too - http://baumatic.co.uk

YMMV

--
steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:11:33 -0000, "Martin"
wrote:

[...]

The lower cost models may not be the best value for money. If you
look at reports from Which? magazine there is a big difference of
reliability between brands.

Mark.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

In message , Mark
writes
wrote:

[...]

I noticed from couple of recentish which tests (for tumble dryers and
Dishwasher I think) that Miele, bosch, and AEG seemed to get
recommendations in both tests
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:10:47 +0000, chris French
wrote:

In message , Mark
writes
wrote:

[...]

Yes. From memory Miele is the best and Bosch/AEG are cheaper but not
as good. I think AEG dry better but Bosch are quieter.

Mark.